Tesco self serve versus normal till - vouchers

When I go to (express) and use the self serve I never get a money off my next shop voucher, but when I get served t the normal till I would say I get one around every three visits. Has anyone noticed this, has anyone ever been issued a money off voucher by the self serve (I have at Sainsburys). Is is true that you can use Sainsburys vouchers at Tesco?

When I go to (express) and use the self serve I never get a money off my next shop voucher, but when I get served t the normal till I would say I get one around every three visits. Has anyone noticed this, has anyone ever been issued a money off voucher by the self serve (I have at Sainsburys). Is is true that you can use Sainsburys vouchers at Tesco?

I think it may be just a co-incidence with the vouchers. No, you definately can't use Sainsburys vouchers at Tesco.

If you are like me then you will only use the self service when you have a few items, and use the checkout for a bigger shop, more items means more spend and more chance of getting a voucher.

I often have to do my shop late at night. At Tesco they only have the self-service open then, so I shop elsewhere. I object to the self-scans in priniciple. I wonder if all the people who were objecting to Tesco expecting their employees to be paid from the public purse on workfayre schemes, still are prepared to do the work of employees for free themselves.

Exactly, because you're helping the supermarket to reduce their workforce.

Not really - the tills still have to be maintained, filled up with cash, till roll changed, stocked up with carrier bags, and be watched over whilst customers are scanning their items to make sure they are not stealing. Also. the staff have to confirm age of customers for age-related products.

I surprised people still use Tescos after they signed up to that scheme to exploit the unemployed. Soon changed their tune about that didn't they, still, people with a conscience won't forget what they did.

Archived