Intermittent starting fault on diesel

hi im new to site sorry if i make mistakes I have a diesel 2ltr auto 54plate & have intermitent starting fault starts fine then have slugish to start like batt low but batt fully charged to day slugish to start runs ok then stoped for 5 mins turned over very slowley then stoped jumped start from ka first turn key drove home starts first turn now checked batt full charge & full charge from alternater once told by AA poss + batt lead HELP please

hi im new to site sorry if i make mistakes I have a diesel 2ltr auto 54plate & have intermitent starting fault starts fine then have slugish to start like batt low but batt fully charged to day slugish to start runs ok then stoped for 5 mins turned over very slowley then stoped jumped start from ka first turn key drove home starts first turn now checked batt full charge & full charge from alternater once told by AA poss + batt lead HELP please

When you say full charge do you mean it has 12v? Could still be a battery issue..the voltage may be OK but it can't supply enough current under load eg starting the engine? Are the connectors on the battery tight..?

When you say full charge do you mean it has 12v? Could still be a battery issue..the voltage may be OK but it can't supply enough current under load eg starting the engine? Are the connectors on the battery tight..?

yes all tight batt is new & starts car fine most of time then we get this slugish start 1st time today car didnot start without jump my batt tester shows batt full with ingin running or stoped

I had a similar problem sluggish etc ,battery tested ok cold cranking low ,turned out it was a battery for a petrol car and wasnt strong enough....the battery was on when I bought the car...new battery problem solved

Archived