Jimmy Carr, tax avoidance, and morality

at last someone with a bit of common sense:thumbsup: but unfortunatly the jealous lefties on here wont understand:o

Are you calling David Cameron a jealous lefty? It was him who condemned Carr.

Are you calling David Cameron a jealous lefty? It was him who condemned Carr.

ok a muddled tory then who was trying to appease the voters....i bet he wished he had kept his mouth shut now...........as for jealous lefties this forum and thread is full of them:suspect:

ok a muddled tory then who was trying to appease the voters....i bet he wished he had kept his mouth shut now...........as for jealous lefties this forum and thread is full of them:suspect:

Don't judge others by your own standards - you maybe jealous of his wealth & background, but I'm not. And given the opprobrium heaped on him, he's the last person I'd want to be.

Im not sure that the moaners and complainers are jealous of wealth and background. it seems they are openly green with envy that jimmy carr found a different path to divert his money and the moaners and complainers didnt/couldnt/ or are just miffed that they cant do it.

Guest sibon
Im not sure that the moaners and complainers are jealous of wealth and background. it seems they are openly green with envy that jimmy carr found a different path to divert his money and the moaners and complainers didnt/couldnt/ or are just miffed that they cant do it.

Not at all.

In my case I'm angry because I have to provide a vital public service with fewer and fewer resources as we get squeezed harder by a Government that is engaging in an ideological attack on public services.

Carr, Vodaphone, Barlow etc all rely on my "product" to live their comfortable lives, but they are unwilling to pay for it.

It is time that the majority sent a strong signal to the greedy minority that the party is over.

I take it slightly different, seems to me like if it'd been a multimillionaire Tory politician caught out like this, the ones who think Carr is ok for doing it, would be frothing and jumping up and down about it.

Because it's a multmillionaire they find acceptable, even though he's taking the **** really, they think it's ok. He must have fiddled avoided a helluva lot of tax to be able to buy an £8m house for cash :) He's not that funny!

Not at all.

In my case I'm angry because I have to provide a vital public service with fewer and fewer resources as we get squeezed harder by a Government that is engaging in an ideological attack on public services.

Carr, Vodaphone, Barlow etc all rely on my "product" to live their comfortable lives, but they are unwilling to pay for it.

It is time that the majority sent a strong signal to the greedy minority that the party is over.

But that’s not their fault; it’s the fault of governments for wasting much of the money they receive instead of spending wisely. Governments simply get very poor value for money and they know they can keep squeezing more out of people when they **** up.

Not at all.

im sorry to be a bit like a loop tape recorder, but its human nature to feather a nest, and the doctors strike today is proof of that. the firemen strike for more pay, the council workers strike for more pay and pensions...the list is obviously longer....but all these examples are for one thing and one thing only. the want for more money in your pocket. it isnt the "minority" as you state. its the "majority" because anyone who says they would put the countries tax affairs at the top of their morals list is a lying hypocrite. each one of us has a duty to ourselves and can live a kind and caring life doing just that, whilst at the same time safeguarding our own personal finances. it dosent make you a monster to think like this, and its unfortunate that jimmy carr is such a high profile individual, because if it were a normal joe bloggs like me, no chuff would give a hoot, or would say "you saved a tenner on your morrisonsons bill with a free voucher dave? well done mate"

Don't judge others by your own standards - you maybe jealous of his wealth & background, but I'm not. And given the opprobrium heaped on him, he's the last person I'd want to be.

jealous of cameron ?? not at all..........am no fan of his.............wishy washey, weak willed....hes also the last person i would want to be!

the fact remains that so many are jealous that they cant or dont earn enough to do what Jimmy carr and thousands of others do...AVOID TAX!! legally, i and i bet every company director and self employed person on this forum has an accountant or advisor who they employ to minimise their tax bill.

so i will ask the question again who on here wants to pay more than they are legally obliged to in TAX ???......the silence is deafening!

I take it slightly different, seems to me like if it'd been a multimillionaire Tory politician caught out like this, the ones who think Carr is ok for doing it, would be frothing and jumping up and down about it.

Because it's a multmillionaire they find acceptable, even though he's taking the **** really, they think it's ok. He must have fiddled avoided a helluva lot of tax to be able to buy an £8m house for cash :) He's not that funny!

fiddled is very different to "avoided"

Archived