Jimmy Carr, tax avoidance, and morality

good post. yes, carr is dosent have the best passport photo, but his passport photo probably pays less tax than my passport photo does, and mines not that nice either. good on him, and im sorry he is being witch-hunted by the tory mafia and the "peoples people" on here that seem to think they would put morality before a few extra quid in the gas meter. the utter hypocracy of these "people" is sickening beyond belief. its just a thought, but do you think they would give up their sunday roast this weekend to help pay my car tax? the basis of their tirade on carr would suggest they would, but I wont lose any sleep when I smell chicken cooking around sheffield forum this weekend.

Are you intoxicated?

Or to put it another way as the judge Lord Clyde did in 1933:

"No man in this country is under the smallest obligation, moral or other, so to arrange his legal relations to his business or his property as to enable the Inland Revenue to put the largest possible shovel into his stores”.

It's 2012.

Are you intoxicated?

what a sensible and well thought out reply. written with all the hallmarks of a chap who applies clear and concise energy to deep thinking and constructive arguement.

tell me, would you give more financial assitance to a stranger than make your own life a little easier?

intoxicated, no.

feel slightly nausiated by blatant double standards. yes.

Karate Dave - Well said.

Its amazing how many people go on about tax avoidance/tax evasion, and these are probably the same people who work in the public sector and go on strike, in order to get more money. Only today, Doctors were striking.

I wish someone would speak for for the very lowest paid in our society who get hammered in the most unfair way of all.

The worst paid, do the worst jobs, get taxed disproportionally (compared to us all) and don't have enough money to pay the rent in many cases.

Who'd go to work under these circumstances?

I think if we are talking morals we all need to take a look at ourselves.....what about all of us that use e-bay or amazon or play.com? All used to buy the same products at a cheaper price....as a result our local high street has collapsed, we've avoided vat by buying from Jersey (in some instances), & as a result put local jobs at risk!!!!

We're all guilty if you look hard enough!!!

this post needed bringing back to the front. but will many say that they dont use these platforms? double standards and hypocrocy in massive proportion.

Karate Dave - Well said.

Its amazing how many people go on about tax avoidance/tax evasion, and these are probably the same people who work in the public sector and go on strike, in order to get more money. Only today, Doctors were striking.

I wish someone would speak for for the very lowest paid in our society who get hammered in the most unfair way of all.

The worst paid, do the worst jobs, get taxed disproportionally (compared to us all) and don't have enough money to pay the rent in many cases.

Who'd go to work under these circumstances?

It's exactly those people I would be speaking up for if I was condemning the actions of Carr etc...

There are millions of people unable to avoid much tax and also living on the breadline. Their taxes will pay to cut Philip Green out of his car if he crashes it, then those taxes will pay for his care in a NHS trauma unit that would never be provided in the private sector. It's digusting really that the rich think we should subsidise the services they might have to use.

It's exactly those people I would be speaking up for if I was condemning the actions of Carr etc...

There are millions of people unable to avoid much tax and also living on the breadline. Their taxes will pay to cut Philip Green out of his car if he crashes it, then those taxes will pay for his care in a NHS trauma unit that would never be provided in the private sector. It's digusting really that the rich think we should subsidise the services they might have to use.

Originally Posted by Lab-rat

I think if we are talking morals we all need to take a look at ourselves.....what about all of us that use e-bay or amazon or play.com? All used to buy the same products at a cheaper price....as a result our local high street has collapsed, we've avoided vat by buying from Jersey (in some instances), & as a result put local jobs at risk!!!!

We're all guilty if you look hard enough!!!

Archived