Jimmy Carr, tax avoidance, and morality

Link did not work. It was about unemployment topping 3million under milksnatcher. This lot have beaten the record.

By it being ermmmmm 2.61 million. Interesting counting there! But then again for someone who seems to think that tories spend their time split between stroking white cats, twirling mustachioes and knee-capping blind orphans that's hardly surprising...

By it being ermmmmm 2.61 million. Interesting counting there! But then again for someone who seems to think that tories spend their time split between stroking white cats, twirling mustachioes and knee-capping blind orphans that's hardly surprising...

Show me where I claimed any of that.:loopy:

The figures are highly massaged. The true figure is almost 4 million.

Good for him. If there's a loop hole, exploit it!

I don't know how any politician can accuse anyone of carrying out there business in a 'morally wrong' way.

He's not breaking any laws, just exploiting the governments incompetence.

But Carr's a total hypocrite, often lambasting others under the guise of 'satire' for something he's doing himself. And what you regard as the Government's incompetence is doing the rest of us out of our legitimate national income. The loophole should be closed forthwith. And the bankruptcy one as well, whilst they're at it. (a fave hobby horse of mine)

We could probably have had a score of nurses or teachers or a couple of doctors out of what Carr hasn't paid into the treasury coffers.

Or does it only apply as a stick to beat people we don't like?

If it is (i.e. legal tax avoidance schemes being morally repugnant), should we also consider the moral implications around what the government will do with our money? Perhaps withholding a portion of our taxes, that would be used by our government for immoral purposes?

Archived