Anyone want to play Chess?

Hello,

Does anybody play chess?

I currently play friends a couple of times a week but I am beating them quite easily (I'm not very good, they're just not as good as me!).

I'm looking for a great player to learn from as my game is getting stagnant, maybe play once a week at Bragazzi's or a similar laid back cafe.

Liam.

Hello,

Does anybody play chess?

I currently play friends a couple of times a week but I am beating them quite easily (I'm not very good, they're just not as good as me!).

I'm looking for a great player to learn from as my game is getting stagnant, maybe play once a week at Bragazzi's or a similar laid back cafe.

Liam.

I've got an app on my phone which allows me to play against other people who also have the same app, I've always got around 5 games with 5 random people on the go. Your identity is kept anonymous and you get people of all different standards playing on it.

• 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...

Ecclesall Chess Club meets at the Abbey Pub, 944 Chesterfield Road, Woodseats, Sheffield S8 0SH on Wednesday evenings from 7.30pm

We have a wide range of players from some of the top players in the area down to beginners. To encourage beginners and improvers we run a continuous chess tournament which does not have to be played on club night, but the games are Yorkshire graded.

Some of the players in the tournament are at or just above beginners standard and providing that you enjoy your chess you are encouraged by free coaching at the club and once you are ready we have five teams that you can play in depending upon your playing strength

---------- Post added 15-08-2014 at 11:45 ----------

If you come down to the club or get in touch, you will meet players who are willing to play chess at other times either in the day or at other venues in the evening

---------- Post added 15-08-2014 at 12:32 ----------

Ecclesall Chess Club website is at http://www.ecclesallcc.weebly.com

Archived