The Nights Drawing In

99 degrees?

I trust you are are not speaking in any form of modern scale.

I assume you mean 37.5 degrees.

That is not the kind of place humans should live, it is not possible to work and thrive in such oppressive temperatures.

It's too hot for my liking, but 99 degrees in Connecticut probably doesn't feel as awful as 89 degrees does in Sheffield.

Certainly when I've been in Florida, and Texas, while the temperature was a touch over 100 it didn't feel uncomfortably hot. (135, in Venice, that was a different matter!)

It's too hot for my liking, but 99 degrees in Connecticut probably doesn't feel as awful as 89 degrees does in Sheffield.

Certainly when I've been in Florida, and Texas, while the temperature was a touch over 100 it didn't feel uncomfortably hot. (135, in Venice, that was a different matter!)

If you are are going to post in some 18th Century standards, at least give us the correct figures, by todays standards.

It is tiresome to have to convert to the standard form, to discover what you are on about. ;)

If you are are going to post in some 18th Century standards, at least give us the correct figures, by todays standards.

It is tiresome to have to convert to the standard form, to discover what you are on about. ;)

A simple little lesson in converting Fahrenheit to Celcius

If it's 90 degrees Fahrenheit then subtract the figure of 30 from 90 then divide the resulting number (60) by 2 which will give you the Celcius tempereature of 30 degrees.

To covert Celcius to Fahrenheit then do the reverse

99 degrees?

I trust you are are not speaking in any form of modern scale.

I assume you mean 37.5 degrees.

That is not the kind of place humans should live, it is not possible to work and thrive in such oppressive temperatures.

No sheactually means fahrenheit, a measurement system used by your forebears, who spread it around the world, and still happily in use in America, because we don't have to follow every decimal here, just to please some european masters. What we do is nobody's business but ours. If you don't like it don't come, simple as that. We won't miss you.

No sheactually means fahrenheit, a measurement system used by your forebears, who spread it around the world, and still happily in use in America, because we don't have to follow every decimal here, just to please some european masters.

You're following the same sort of nonsensical argument that the British use to cling on to pints, yards and all the other rubbish? "We'd rather have something that's more difficult and less convenient, because the good system was invented by someone else."

You're following the same sort of nonsensical argument that the British use to cling on to pints, yards and all the other rubbish? "We'd rather have something that's more difficult and less convenient, because the good system was invented by someone else."

Last time I was in the UK (2007) petrol was in litres but distances in miles. What kind of a system is that?

Just like the EU. Half in and half out. The British habit of compromise I guess or could it be called "muddled and indecisive"

Dont think of changing to driving on the right. If it's anything like the above everybody will be driving down the middle

Archived