The Nights Drawing In

You're following the same sort of nonsensical argument that the British use to cling on to pints, yards and all the other rubbish? "We'd rather have something that's more difficult and less convenient, because the good system was invented by someone else."
You're absolutely right, so you can enjoy your superiority over us mere mortals. All I have to do, if I care to translate to celsius is remove 32F, and multiply by 5 over 9 and I'm there. It's a great brain exercise to help banish Alzeimers. But I don't care to bother. You see, I'm part of 300 million people who all sweat at 95 degrees, and freeze at 32. Now our boy scouts can go to a Klondike Derby so they can get a badge for tocamping at below freezing, and a better one for below zero. I was once stopped in Quebec for driving 100 MPH. I pointed to a sign that said '100', so the cop called me a dumb Yank and let me go.

You're absolutely right, so you can enjoy your superiority over us mere mortals. All I have to do, if I care to translate to celsius is remove 32F, and multiply by 5 over 9 and I'm there. It's a great brain exercise to help banish Alzeimers. But I don't care to bother. You see, I'm part of 300 million people who all sweat at 95 degrees, and freeze at 32. Now our boy scouts can go to a Klondike Derby so they can get a badge for tocamping at below freezing, and a better one for below zero. I was once stopped in Quebec for driving 100 MPH. I pointed to a sign that said '100', so the cop called me a dumb Yank and let me go.

Those cops in Quebec certainly know their man don't they? ;)

And I prefer the term Centigrade to these terms named after people.

Isn't Fahrenheit something to do with something he discovered about Ammonia?

What's that got to do with our climate?

Those cops in Quebec certainly know their man don't they? ;)

And I prefer the term Centigrade to these terms named after people.

Isn't Fahrenheit something to do with something he discovered about Ammonia?

What's that got to do with our climate?

They sure did, but I still got off free. You, of course, would compliment them for their frenchness, and willingly pay a fine of 250 dollars Canadian, just to prove what a good little decimaler you are, before going for your pint. I don't know ( or care ) if you were born before the decimalization of the pound. It was a major source of income to the publicans and restarateurs of London when bilking American tourists of change. You can call temperature anything you like and so can I. You can be a wine snob, or simply call it red, white,or pink. Or in the case of temperature, scalding, unbearable, stinking hot, warm, cool, cold, bloody freezing without having to refer to numbers or stick F or C after, but that would take all the fun away for you since it seems all you live for.

They sure did, but I still got off free. You, of course, would compliment them for their frenchness, and willingly pay a fine of 250 dollars Canadian, just to prove what a good little decimaler you are, before going for your pint. I don't know ( or care ) if you were born before the decimalization of the pound. It was a major source of income to the publicans and restarateurs of London when bilking American tourists of change. You can call temperature anything you like and so can I. You can be a wine snob, or simply call it red, white,or pink. Or in the case of temperature, scalding, unbearable, stinking hot, warm, cool, cold, bloody freezing without having to refer to numbers or stick F or C after, but that would take all the fun away for you since it seems all you live for.

Well said mate:D, give as good as you get I say!!

If ever I meet you, I will stand you a pint. :thumbsup:

Archived