Best places for listening to rock?

sadie

Hello everybody,

I'll soon be moving to Sheffield and I'd like to know where are the best places to listen to rock (bar and/or nightclub)?

I like almost every kind of rock but especially britpop, madchester, 60's/MOD, indie, glam...

Thanx for your help

If you stick 'Rock' into the search facility, you'll be innundated with suggestions :D

Members Classic_Rock, DJ_Shadowman and Silverjet are all rock DJs, so you'll have plenty to go at ;)

Welcome to SF BTW :wave:

sounds like your best bets are:

casbah (bar/small club/live venue)

leadmill (large venue and club)

fuzz club (large venue and club held at sheff uni)

boardwalk/dnr (mid-size venues/bars)

the grapes (small venue/pub)

there's loads of other places but they're a start.

Originally posted by Strix

If you stick 'Rock' into the search facility, you'll be innundated with suggestions :D

Members Classic_Rock, DJ_Shadowman and Silverjet are all rock DJs, so you'll have plenty to go at ;)

Welcome to SF BTW :wave:

im pretty sure silverjet isnt a dj :rolleyes: they are a rock band...who are playin this friday at boardwalk :thumbsup:

corporation is the place most rockers go, boardwalk & grapes are best for seeing local bands and leadmill sometimes has a few good bands on.

Originally posted by goldenfleece

Interesting defintiions you have of "rock".....Britpop? Madchester? Hmmmmm.....

You beat me to it!

One more no one has mentioned for a cool pub, the nelson and then onto corp every saturday:headbang:

God i'd be easy prey for a stalker same routine every week:suspect: :help:

Thats if its really rock you want...

Archived