Best places for listening to rock?

sadie

Originally posted by littleboo

And the Nelson.....Has 2 floors so has a good selection. posssibly the best rock bar in Sheffield:clap: :clap: :clap:

(top of the Moor across from Mcdonalds)

I can honestly say, I'd never gone in the Nelson until the other week cause to be honest from the outside I thought it looked a bit crap but was pleasantly surprised when I went in. Good atmosphere, and generally a nice bar. Didn't go downstairs but there wasn't a bad tune played for the whole time we were in there.

Originally posted by cellarhigh

I can honestly say, I'd never gone in the Nelson until the other week cause to be honest from the outside I thought it looked a bit crap but was pleasantly surprised when I went in. Good atmosphere, and generally a nice bar. Didn't go downstairs but there wasn't a bad tune played for the whole time we were in there.

I can see where your coming from about the outside bit but i must admit there is no where else i would rather go on saturday for my beer before corp. Only other place i really liked was Classic Rock Bar (RIP) and going back even further Under the boardwalk (RIP)

And the fact it sells 1664 does not cloud my judgement:thumbsup:

I dont work there either!!

Originally posted by RobT

Only other place i really liked was Classic Rock Bar (RIP)

Gone but not forgotten, cheers RobT.

I'm a rock DJ and currently DJ at the Moorfoot Tavern on a Saturday night and through to the end of January at the White Bear in Ecclesfield until it closes. I also run a rock music quiz (covering all genres of rock) at the Red House on Solly Street each Tuesday (resuming again next week after the Christmas break).

Splodge_CRB is a rock DJ (my sidekick) and DJs the Red House on Friday nights and the Royal Oak in Deepcar each Saturday.

Should any other pubs or clubs reading this fancy a rock night, please PM me.

Archived