I need help geting a job

well at the end of the month i will have been unemployed for 5 years i think, i have lost track of time over the years. i have been looking for work over the last 4 years and i have had nothing but people saying no we have filled the position. i am 23years old now and feel lost, frustrated and disheartened that i am in this position and i have lost faith that i will ever get another job which i cry about.

how can i get in to a position where i can be employable as i have been at collage training to be a mechanic which is a 3 year course third year was optional don't know why i did the third year i should have jump ship at the end of the level 2, no one will take me on as a mechanic as i have limited experiences in a garage environment this is what i have been told by all the garages i have been to. i am now thinking of going to do an engineering qualification but that will take another 3 years but i think this will lead me round back to where i am now which i don't wont, all i wont is a job how can i do this as i don't understand what’s stopping me from getting one.

and don't tell me it's the economy or the Euro or sum other world problem because its not its my problem and it rely upsets me.

sum key point i would like to know

1) how can i get in to a position where i am more employable considering i don't have much in the way of gcse(o-levels for the older ones) (i don't do to well in class rooms), i think i have kinda answered that one for my self there.

2) where can i get the experience if no one will give me a job in the first place.

3) will doing the engineering qualification get me closer to getting a job?

Have you not had any practical experience at all? have you fixed the family cars can you say change a cam belt or basic things like that its funny but once you get seen working on a car you can pick up a bit of work get your tools bit by bit you need a good socket set and a set of spanners and things boot sales are a good place to pick tools up at a knock down price, at the collage they can only teach you the basics,is it a lack of confidence that is holding you back, could you not try some of the back street garages to start with say to them is there any thing going anything to get your foot in some of them will have you running around like mad for next to nothing but once you have got in somewhere you can get better and move on, the main dealers are the ones that want the top trained candidates they usually have open days,when I first started I worked for the local garage for next to nowt but I learned a lot there one thing that is big help to get on is if you have a licence,my son started up on his own repairing and selling cars he seems to be doing well, you have to get on with it sitting and feeling sorry for your self wont help get out there get hustling there's loads of money to be made from cars there is millions of them about.

oh yes i have a lot of practical skill i have done diesel pump changes and head gaskets and other things, the first job i did on a car was a fan belt on a g reg Astra for my grandad back when i was six so been in it for sum time as an amateur.

it's not the practical side of it that i am short on it's the garage environment and yes the driving license would help a lot but we need to fix the hot water first and for that i need to get a job.

well at the end of the month i will have been unemployed for 5 years i think, i have lost track of time over the years. i have been looking for work over the last 4 years and i have had nothing but people saying no we have filled the position. i am 23years old now and feel lost, frustrated and disheartened that i am in this position and i have lost faith that i will ever get another job which i cry about.

how can i get in to a position where i can be employable as i have been at collage training to be a mechanic which is a 3 year course third year was optional don't know why i did the third year i should have jump ship at the end of the level 2, no one will take me on as a mechanic as i have limited experiences in a garage environment this is what i have been told by all the garages i have been to. i am now thinking of going to do an engineering qualification but that will take another 3 years but i think this will lead me round back to where i am now which i don't wont, all i wont is a job how can i do this as i don't understand what’s stopping me from getting one.

and don't tell me it's the economy or the Euro or sum other world problem because its not its my problem and it rely upsets me.

sum key point i would like to know

1) how can i get in to a position where i am more employable considering i don't have much in the way of gcse(o-levels for the older ones) (i don't do to well in class rooms), i think i have kinda answered that one for my self there.

2) where can i get the experience if no one will give me a job in the first place.

3) will doing the engineering qualification get me closer to getting a job?

My Bold

Been having a laugh on the state for a year then ???

Archived