Who was the last British monarch to be killed?

without googling, this is my humble offering when it comes to murder, execution, killed in battle, etc which is what I assume the OP is asking :

1649 Charles I

1483 Richard III

1327 Edward II

1100 William II

1066 Harold II

But non of those were British monarchs.

Depends what you mean by 'killed' if you count a mole as a killer then William the III as he was killed by his horse hitting a mole.

I've had look and I'm not sure if Charles I was deposed or not when he was executed but I assume he was, as were Jane Grey, Edward the V, Henry VI, Richard II, Edward the II when they were killed.

So I'm guessing if you don't count moles Richard I was killed by an arrow hit at Chalus-Chabrol so I'll say him.

Before that there was William the II who was hit by an arrow while hunting, probably murdered by his brothers.

Ah! Clever, so yeah it must be George V, that was done so that it reached the deadline for the morning papers wasn't it?

It think it was more a case of putting him out of his misery, it was on an episode of QI.

Archived