Britain is Full and over crowding?

I know you don't agree, but so far you haven't explained how increasing the population and mass unemployment will help to pay for the elderly.

So even though you knew I didn't agree, you thought that you'd ask me anyway. Well done. Also as I have said earlier I am not going to defend a position that you've invented.

At the risk of repeating myself once more, I've said before I'm more than happy to disagree, I think that the aging population will be a major problem, you don't.

The answer to our problems is to educate, motivate and employ the unemployed and for us all to keep working a little longer.

Again it's fantasy and wishful thinking, yes wouldn't it be wonderful if there were an equal number of jobs to match the skills and number in the working population?

But it's never been so, how do you 'educate' and 'motivate' people who don't want to work or don't have the basic education or skills that employers want..in the right place at the right time? You only have to look at the use of the English language by some nationalists here to see what I mean-most of them can barely conjugate a sentence, yet they've benefited from a free education and growing up in a developed country, yet find themselves competing with foreigners.

Wouldn't it be wonderful if all mum's stayed at home, wore gingham pinnies and awaited the arrival of their rosy cheeked children from school with doorstep sandwiches and home made lemonade? Dad worked in the local factory, producing goods that there was a high demand for in the domestic population, without the competition from imports. This is the rose tinted ideology of the nationalist.

The population growth of the UK is positive, not negative.

Mainly the result of people living longer. Currently the birth rate is below the levels needed to replace the population. In developed countries sub-replacement fertility is any rate below approximately 2.1 children born per woman, ours is beneath this even though there has been an increase over the last decade.

So even though you knew I didn't agree, you thought that you'd ask me anyway. Well done. Also as I have said earlier I am not going to defend a position that you've invented.

At the risk of repeating myself once more, I've said before I'm more than happy to disagree, I think that the aging population will be a major problem, you don't.

Back to the original question then, the one you haven't answered, why do you think an aging population is a problem, and how would you solve it?

Again it's fantasy and wishful thinking, yes wouldn't it be wonderful if there were an equal number of jobs to match the skills and number in the working population?

But it's never been so, how do you 'educate' and 'motivate' people who don't want to work or don't have the basic education or skills that employers want..in the right place at the right time?

Clearly there must be in your fantasy world because you think we need population expansion through immigration to support our elderly.

I don’t think the elderly are a problem, I don’t think the population needs expanding to support them and I don’t think we need immigration to fill jobs when we already have more than enough people here that could fill them.

You motivate them by making them work for their benefits, if they can't have something for nothing they will soon become motivated to better themselves.

Back to the original question then, the one you haven't answered, why do you think an aging population is a problem, and how would you solve it?

Are you seriously asking why an aging population is a problem?!? As for the solution, I don't think that anybody has actually come up with a solution to the problem, only stop gaps.

Archived