Britain is Full and over crowding?

There still has to be a semblance of fact.

I dont understand some people ,of course there is an immigration problem what is it you dont all understand,its not the BNP saying this now its the rulling government and the opposition,go on tell me they are all ruddy right wing fascists...take the blinkers off you may learn something.

What he actually said was a lot of bluff about regretting mistakes but the only actual solid promise he made was that he was going to get rid of the immigration caps the Tories have introduced. Basically he dressed up in a lot of guff what was actually a statement which was proposing getting rid of limits on immigration, not limiting it. He was part of the massively pro-immigratiion Labour party and he is not back tracking.

Yes, but personally I think that the motivation to work should come from making work pay rather than enforced labour which is why I'm against massive amounts of cheap immigrant labour being imported.

Working for benefits would make work pay, lowing benefits would also make work pay, increasing wages would make everything more expensive.

Working for benefits would make work pay, lowing benefits would also make work pay, increasing wages would make everything more expensive.

i work and am on benefits (working tax credit) thats just crazy

In my opinion putting people through a crap education system then expecting them to do either minimum wage jobs or sit on benefits is writing them off.

That's Labour's strategy in Sheffield. Lots of people vote for it so it must be a good idea. :roll:

No it wouldn't. I'm talking about work being something people feel is worthwhile doing, that will make it financially worth their while to do it, not forcing them to do it.

Increasing wages won't necessarily cause inflation, wages have been falling in real term for everybody except for the very top earners for quite some time yet inflation has been high and people haven't been spending. A rise in wages at the moment might actually get the economy going rather than simply causing inflation.

Again it's fantasy and wishful thinking, yes wouldn't it be wonderful if there were an equal number of jobs to match the skills and number in the working population?

But it's never been so, how do you 'educate' and 'motivate' people who don't want to work or don't have the basic education or skills that employers want..in the right place at the right time? You only have to look at the use of the English language by some nationalists here to see what I mean-most of them can barely conjugate a sentence, yet they've benefited from a free education and growing up in a developed country, yet find themselves competing with foreigners.

Wouldn't it be wonderful if all mum's stayed at home, wore gingham pinnies and awaited the arrival of their rosy cheeked children from school with doorstep sandwiches and home made lemonade? Dad worked in the local factory, producing goods that there was a high demand for in the domestic population, without the competition from imports. This is the rose tinted ideology of the nationalist.

You conjugate verbs.

No it wouldn't. I'm talking about work being something people feel is worthwhile doing, that will make it financially worth their while to do it, not forcing them to do it.

Increasing wages won't necessarily cause inflation, wages have been falling in real term for everybody except for the very top earners for quite some time yet inflation has been high and people haven't been spending. A rise in wages at the moment might actually get the economy going rather than simply causing inflation.

But the killer question is 'would the market stand it'?

If British workers aren't competing for jobs with foreigners in the UK, the services and products we make will certainly be competing with them globally.

Increasing wages increases production costs which increases the price of those goods and services making them less competitive and therefore threatening the very jobs we're trying to protect.

Archived