Britain is Full and over crowding?

Not quite:

Netherlands

Belgium

Israel

Lebanon

all higher than UK

The challenge was to name 5 countries with higher population densities than UK

Not quite what? My statement is correct, as is yours, the country I live in is England and one shouldn’t compare a group of countries with one country, it should be a comparison between countries.

No more so than they would be to claim that Britain is over full by referencing the population density of London.

London is a city, England is a country, and Britain isn't a country, its a group of countries.

If we aren't overcrowded we definitely are going to be soon!

We really should be more harsh with potential immigrants/refugees to be fair.

Immigrants like the ones "Yea, I burned all my papers to get from home to here & forgot where I used live, can I live here now because even though i've forgotten where I live, i'll be tortured if I go back because I have a slightly overgrown little toe"

and the Refugees "I'm escaping a war happening in my own country but you see i've developed teleportation so i've skipped every other stable country between there and here... Can I have a house now please?

..yes such scenarios exist, but what do you think they number in reality? The vast number of immigrants who come here, come here to work or study.

We should just basically copy exactly the same system what the Aussies have, it is possible to Immigrate there but you damn well better be bringing something into the country other than 14 kids...

I wonder what the Aborigines thought to the thousands of criminals arriving on their shores after being deported there.

Incidentally, Australia does take in refugees and asylum seekers and has a comprehensive system to accommodate them, don't believe everything you read in the Red Tops.

http://www.immi.gov.au/media/fact-sheets/62assistance.htm

London is a city, England is a country, and Britain isn't a country, its a group of countries.

The United Kingdom of Great Britain...

Legally the UK of GB is a country, England is not.

The title quite clearly says Britain, not England, so your comment on the population density of England is no more relevant to Britain overall than is the population density of London or the Peak District.

You are about four centuries out of date.

The Acts of Union were two Parliamentary Acts - the Union with Scotland Act passed in 1706 by the Parliament of England, and the Union with England Act passed in 1707 by the Parliament of Scotland - which put into effect the terms of the Treaty of Union that had been agreed on 22 July 1706, following negotiation between commissioners representing the parliaments of the two countries. The Acts joined the Kingdom of England and the Kingdom of Scotland (previously separate states, with separate legislatures but with the same monarch) into a single, united kingdom named "Great Britain".[1]

The United Kingdom of Great Britain...

Legally the UK of GB is a country, England is not.

The title quite clearly says Britain, not England, so your comment on the population density of England is no more relevant to Britain overall than is the population density of London or the Peak District.

You are about four centuries out of date.

Definition Britain. The island containing England, Wales, and Scotland.

Definition England A country forming the largest and southernmost part of Great Britain and of the United Kingdom

Definition Great Britain. England, Wales, and Scotland considered as a unit. The name is also often used loosely to refer to the United Kingdom.

All of the island is territory of the sovereign state of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, and most of the United Kingdom's territory is in Great Britain. Most of England, Scotland, and Wales are on the island of Great Britain, as are their respective capital cities: London, Edinburgh, and Cardiff.

England is a country that is part of the United Kingdom, which is also part of Europe.

If we aren't overcrowded we definitely are going to be soon!

We really should be more harsh with potential immigrants/refugees to be fair.

Immigrants like the ones "Yea, I burned all my papers to get from home to here & forgot where I used live, can I live here now because even though i've forgotten where I live, i'll be tortured if I go back because I have a slightly overgrown little toe"

and the Refugees "I'm escaping a war happening in my own country but you see i've developed teleportation so i've skipped every other stable country between there and here... Can I have a house now please?

We should just basically copy exactly the same system what the Aussies have, it is possible to Immigrate there but you damn well better be bringing something into the country other than 14 kids...

"I'm afraid your out of touch(

basically they're copying england another boat load of queue jumping illegal scammers just arrived today ,,just sink the boat 100k off christmas Island ,and ring up on sat phone come and{"save us") get us ,over 100 no papers no passports all dumped at sea after coming through a couple of muslim countrys its boat loads every other day off christmas Island.

like the indonesian F minister keeps on saying "you've got to take the sugar off the table"

one boat just went down 38K from indonesia and the oz navy had to rescue the survivors the indonesians said they didn't have a boat to spare for their fellow muslims :suspect: over 90 drowned

they know were a soft touch in the west so why not .

Definition Britain. The island containing England, Wales, and Scotland.

Definition England A country forming the largest and southernmost part of Great Britain and of the United Kingdom

Definition Great Britain. England, Wales, and Scotland considered as a unit. The name is also often used loosely to refer to the United Kingdom.

All of the island is territory of the sovereign state of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, and most of the United Kingdom's territory is in Great Britain. Most of England, Scotland, and Wales are on the island of Great Britain, as are their respective capital cities: London, Edinburgh, and Cardiff.

England is a country that is part of the United Kingdom, which is also part of Europe.

England used to be a country and is now an area of the country of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Island.

This thread is clearly about Britain as the title says, your reference to England is not relevant.

England used to be a country and is now an area of the country of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Island.

This thread is clearly about Britain as the title says, your reference to England is not relevant.

http://www.england.org.za/ is still a country, and everything I say is relavant.

I have yet to read anything that says England isn't a country or that Britain is a country.

The United Kingdome is the union of three countries; we even have deferent laws in each country. If as you say we are just one country then there wouldn’t be a Scottish parliament or a Welsh assembly.

There wouldn't be a capital city for each country,

You think that a south african website proves that England is still legally a country :crazy:

You must be very selective in your reading then. If England is a country, maybe you can show me your English passport? Or point to the English seat on the UN council? For that matter maybe you can find a parliament for England? Or an English MP?

Whilst you're doing these things, can you remind me what the title says and how the population density of a sub section of the area this topic is about is relevant?

Can you show some evidence or not. Making vague statements about google and claiming I'm thick isn't evidence, it's you avoiding having to prove your assertion.

Any grownup who has to ask "how does that work" twice in one day on different threads is either a thicky or uninformed, take your pick as to which one you are.

Archived