Britain is Full and over crowding?

How many refugee's do we take a year (I know the answer, but I'm wondering if you do).

God knows the numbers, I don't think its many in the grand scheme but its still not the point there are plenty of rich and/or stable countries between us and the more problematic places in the world.

What's the number?

Out of the nearly 600000 migrants that arrive here every year how many are claiming asylum?

Surely the question that was being asked was how many are granted it, rather than how many apply...

In which case (it varies year on year) but is in the range of 10 to 15 k/annum.

Surely the question that was being asked was how many are granted it, rather than how many apply...

And how many are turned away/refused?

And out of them, how many don't disappear/appeal it for 10 years and actually return home?

600000 seems a lot. Even if it includes the EU ones.

The numbers of actual genuine refugees is fairly irrelevant to the overcrowding issue.

And how many are turned away/refused?

And out of them, how many don't disappear/appeal it for 10 years and actually return home?

I can't remember to be honest.

But if you want to say that the system should ensure that they leave, ASAP, then I completely agree.

600000 seems a lot. Even if it includes the EU ones.

The numbers of actual genuine refugees is fairly irrelevant to the overcrowding issue.

Yes it is, that was my point.

some questions you shoud be asking are..............

Refugees are meant to go to the closest country for refuge. When it comes to political prisoners, these are people who are rejected by their societies and their governments.

Because of our own massive sense of self-righteousness and self-regard, we like to think of such people as truth-seeking liberal spirits, whose rebellious liberal idealism is cruelly crushed by despotic regimes.

Who would our political refugees be? Nick Griffin? Members of the EDL? Anjem Choudery?

A lot of these people are probably just oddballs and malcontents who can't fit in, why do we advertise ourselves as a haven to such people, how is that sustainable?

That's not to mention that ridiculous sums of money we waste in determining refugee and asylum status (i read that in 2004 we paid for 120,000 asylum cases with legal aid, even though there were 85,000 claims for asylum).

85,000 people claiming for asylum in one year is ridiculous anyway - all their cases paid for by the public. just mad. we are not a world charity.

Just stop these ridiculous schemes and send the message out that you cannot expect to come here as a refugee or while seeking Asylum no legal aid, nothing.

this whole "refugee and asylum" thing has to end

It's become completely unsustainable.

more questions for you to ask

How about asking why born and bred British people are struggling for housing as it is without letting more people compete for it.

How about asking about how many of these refugees are really not being persecuted but economic migrants.

How about asking about how established communities are being fractured because of the high level of immigration.

The area of England is 32,221,440 acres and the population is 52,000,000 this is 0.6 acres of land each and it requires approximately 1 acre to feed someone for a years.

There are 12,500,000 acres of farmland in England so we have 0.24 acres per person to grow food, England can therefore only produce enough food for less than half its people.

Archived