RBS/National Westminster Banks' technical problems- June 2012

It's not just Natwest and RBS bank account holders affected by this. I was expecting a payment yesterday from someone who holds an account with them. I don't have an account with them but the payment I was depending on hasn't arrived. How will non-customers be compensated for charges they have caused us to get?

It doesn't really help for them to say that they are continuing to have 'problems'.

I've just had to visit a branch to get some cash, as my card is all but useless. I did manage to get some, and the queue was out the door and down the road, everyone with the same problem!

I asked the cashier if 'she' could see the money in my account on the banks own system. No she said. I just have to take your word for it, that money should have gone in!!!

Seems it's slightly more than 'a bit of a glitch'......It's pretty much a total crash!......

Of course now I've drawn some cash from my account, that will incur charges. I asked about this too, and was told that ..."No they won't be applying charges!"

It's not just Natwest and RBS bank account holders affected by this. I was expecting a payment yesterday from someone who holds an account with them. I don't have an account with them but the payment I was depending on hasn't arrived. How will non-customers be compensated for charges they have caused us to get?

I have no clue, how that might work!!!!!!...it's a nightmare!!!

I install and maintain very large computer systems,some in banks,and I'm at a loss as to what could cause such a large outage..our systems all have redundancy built in and can suffer several catastrophic failures before giving up the ghost..as for software.. well any changes should really have gone through a rigorous test procedure brfore being let out into the wild..makes you wonder doesn't it?

I install and maintain very large computer systems,some in banks,and I'm at a loss as to what could cause such a large outage..our systems all have redundancy built in and can suffer several catastrophic failures before giving up the ghost..as for software.. well any changes should really have gone through a rigorous teat procedure brfore being let out into the wild..makes you wonder doesn't it?

Yes it does! They have said it's nothing to do with hacking! A denial which usually means that's exactly what's happened!

It's like a government minister saying "I have no aspirations to become party leader"....It means exactly the opposite! :suspect:

Archived