RBS/National Westminster Banks' technical problems- June 2012

Hoping being the operative word! :rant:

There are going to be people with not a penny in money due to this. Bills not being paid, no money for food, charges for declined payments and what will happen to peoples' credit ratings?

I was supposed to be having a new floor fitted in all my downstairs this weekend. Without my money I can't pay for it. I'm seriously annoyed that they are saying sorry for the inconvenience. It's not inconvenient it's important people get their money.

I feel very sorry for those caught up in this sorry mess especially 3rd parties who don't business with Nat West because you know they will not be compensated properly and if they are they will have to wait an extremely long time. I can see law firms making some good money out of this... Of course they will get hardly anything back for their clients but that wont bother them, Law, banking, politicians they all belong to the same club and guess what...You are not invited to join #corrupt

There are going to be people with not a penny in money due to this. Bills not being paid, no money for food, charges for declined payments and what will happen to peoples' credit ratings?

I was supposed to be having a new floor fitted in all my downstairs this weekend. Without my money I can't pay for it. I'm seriously annoyed that they are saying sorry for the inconvenience. It's not inconvenient it's important people get their money.

I'm having a nightmare too.....I managed to get £100 over the bank counter today, but that effectively puts me £100 overdrawn, which the automated system will charge me for. I've got direct debits due out, and they will be declined. yes I agree, saying sorry just isn't good enough.

We work hard for what money we get and the sodding banks screw up, and then say ooops...sorry!....That solves nothing! :rant:

I used my natwest card today and drew £100 out no probs from a cash machine???

That's fine if you have funds. But if you're waiting for a credit from somewhere...(Like my employer)....it's NOT there!

Lucky you to have the money still there from before they started to have problems!

Got paid but they've not paid any of my direct debits or standing orders one of which is to a relative to the tune of £500/month. It showed online yesterday as having gone out but now it is like that never happened.

I had a RBS credit card too. Yesterday I logged on and what was displayed was wrong - it didn't even add up to the correct balance. So I phoned up to query it and the advisor got my details up - the account details on her screen didn't match up at all with what I could see online. The only thing that matched on both screens was the balance but the debits and credits were different and in both cases based on what was displayed the balance was not correct. Very strange. I get kind of spooked when the simplest debit/credit ledger doesn't add up so I closed down the card there and then.

I think they've been hacked big style but daren't make it public. Either that or they've introduced some new software that maybe has some kind of weird threading issue.

Archived