RBS/National Westminster Banks' technical problems- June 2012

I rang nat west today, and told them they could download avg for free. they thanked me, and said they wish they had thought of that earlier.

sarcasm aside, the thought of our financial services being hacked is terrifying. didnt it happen on one of the die-hard films, where terrorists closed down the world with a computer? I think they called it a fire-sale.

perhaps all it needs is to turn the computers off wait 10 seconds and turn them back on again,thats what a nice man in india told me to try on mine this morning and it worked

It sounds as if this problem is being fixed by lots of nice men in India.

RBS/Natwest may have 24/7 UK call centres but a lot of the IT has gone offshore.

Apparently their overnight batch system is screwed and they have multiple issues with the mainframe.

Hope it's sorted soon, we bank with Santander but my partners company he works for bank with Natwest :( His monthly wages didn't do in either yesterday so our rent hasn't been paid & we're due to go away today for a long weekend at a christening today :( We've now got to borrow money so we can still go!

I spoke to Natwest & was told they're only dealing with customers who bank with them.

Really hope it's not too much longer :rolleyes:

I bank with the HSBC but the company I work for use RBS and my wages haven't gone in yet. But I noticed all my direct debits have still gone out, not sure what the other banks are like but they seem to be able to take money just got problems putting it in.

Just wondered how much interest the banks could make if they hang on tho everyones money for an extra 48hrs or so!?

has anyone heard what is the technical issue that is affecting the nat west banks? Is it software or hardware? And why has it suddenly cropped up. I was under the impression that all banking computer systems employ full redundancy and back up systems.

has anyone heard what is the technical issue that is affecting the nat west banks? Is it software or hardware? And why has it suddenly cropped up. I was under the impression that all banking computer systems employ full redundancy and back up systems.

There is a thread on the forum discussing it.

There is a thread on the forum discussing it.

Yes, I know, but that thread discusses the problems users are having. I am asking more about the causes of the meltdown and why it is affecting other banks systems. I suspect we are not been fed the correct story by the banks.

Archived