RBS/National Westminster Banks' technical problems- June 2012

Thats if it hasnt got lost in the system somewhere, just like my wages.:mad:

Did you hear about the couple that were made homeless due the foul up. Their house purchase couldn't go through because their solicitors bank with RBS group and couldn't transfer the money. To top it off, because their not customers without RBS group, it's doubtful as to whether they're going to be compensated.

Yes, I know, but that thread discusses the problems users are having. I am asking more about the causes of the meltdown and why it is affecting other banks systems. I suspect we are not been fed the correct story by the banks.

The only bank systems directly affected are RBS, Nat West and Ulster bank since they are part of the same group and use the same systems.

RBS is one of the big clearing banks and a number of non-clearing banks, building societies and such like use them essentially as their bank and the balance of clearing funds pass through RBS on their way to the final destination. This is part of the reason why it used to take 10 days for cheques to a building society to clear. These institutions have been caught up in the mess like other RBS/NatWest/UB customers.

The other issue is that direct debit and other request for cash will have come from other institutions over this time and they may have been refused since the systems may not realise that the money is actually in the account. This will, of course, have knock on effects to those institutions and their customers and there are stories floating around the press of people worried that their mortgage and other payments may not be made even though they should have enough money in their accounts.

Did you hear about the couple that were made homeless due the foul up. Their house purchase couldn't go through because their solicitors bank with RBS group and couldn't transfer the money. To top it off, because their not customers without RBS group, it's doubtful as to whether they're going to be compensated.

Yes, I did. It was on the news last night. There also the poor bloke who cant collect his stillborn babies headstone because he had no funds. It was in The Sun today.

Im annoyed about my wages, but there is worst scenarios out there, so I will eat beans until monday, thats if you dont want to invite me and the wife round for sunday dinner JFK, lol

Did you hear about the couple that were made homeless due the foul up.

there have been several cases of this but most only seem to have been homeless for a few hours while the various solicitors get comfirmation that the monies have really been sent and the end recipient of the money realises the pr implications of the press interest.

there have been several cases of this but most only seem to have been homeless for a few hours while the various solicitors get comfirmation that the monies have really been sent and the end recipient of the money realises the pr implications of the press interest.

The couple I heard out had find alternative accommodation until Monday.

Not sure if this is linked but as I said earlier my wages haven't gone in yet, and for the last 4 to 6 weeks instead of my money going in in the very early hours of Friday morning it has been taking anything up until the end of play Friday?

Maybe linked some how.

Looks like all credited funds yesterday have today been removed from our accounts, resulting in my card been declined whilst out shopping, can i claim for this

Important Information for our customers

We are experiencing technical issues with our systems, which is impacting a large number of our customers. As a result, money credited to accounts overnight may not be appearing on balances today.

This problem is strictly of a technical nature and we are working hard to fix it as soon as possible. We will ensure that no customers will be permanently out of pocket as a result.

We apologise to our customers for this unacceptable inconvenien

Looks like all credited funds yesterday have today been removed from our accounts, resulting in my card been declined whilst out shopping, can i claim for this

Important Information for our customers

We are experiencing technical issues with our systems, which is impacting a large number of our customers. As a result, money credited to accounts overnight may not be appearing on balances today.

This problem is strictly of a technical nature and we are working hard to fix it as soon as possible. We will ensure that no customers will be permanently out of pocket as a result.

We apologise to our customers for this unacceptable inconvenien

The problems have been in the news for the last few days, and aren't supposed to be fixed until Monday. If you need money you're going to have to go into a branch and discus it with them, they keeping them open today and tomorrow. There is a thread on here doing the rounds.

What do you want to be compensated for and how much?

I'm with the RBS and I've also had the same thing happen to me this morning. I phoned the 24 hour banking line, and because they can see i have had wages go in and that they should still be there, they have credited my account with £xxxx. Any charges on the account that has been caused by this "glitch", i have been told will be wavered. Good luck.

Archived