RBS/National Westminster Banks' technical problems- June 2012

I bank with RBS and I had been due to be payed yesterday. The account showed that my money had actually gone in the bank and I withdrew £80 from the cash machine with no problems. Checked bank today and £1195 has just vanished into thin air. My balance is now sitting at -£680.03 which is £30 over my overdraft and with the mortgage and other bills due to come out on Monday and £30 in my pocket, I can only hope everything is sorted for tomorrow. I hear that they are handing out up to £300 over the counter though if you can prove you where meant to be payed. Although its not ideal, I may just end up popping down to ecclesfield and asking for cash. :help:

They are also open tomorrow from 9 till noon

Really ? thank you only thing bothering me is i haven't got proof that i should have been paid but will they beable to check previous payments in as the payment is the same every month and weekly child tax payment.

Same with natwest ( all joined I think) no housekeeping money gone into my yorkshire acc from hubby, and when you DD to pay bills coming out, its a struggle, makes you laugh, if you are 1p over your account, or one day late making a payment on a credit card, your are charge loads by the banks, its just not on really :(

I'm with the RBS and I've also had the same thing happen to me this morning. I phoned the 24 hour banking line, and because they can see i have had wages go in and that they should still be there, they have credited my account with £xxxx. Any charges on the account that has been caused by this "glitch", i have been told will be wavered. Good luck.

What about charges made by other firms due to failed direct debits? Are the banks going to reimburse customers for this?

Archived