RBS/National Westminster Banks' technical problems- June 2012

What about charges made by other firms due to failed direct debits? Are the banks going to reimburse customers for this?

Yes, they intend to put everyone back to the same position as if the issue hadn't happened.

So if you are out of pocket, you should be reimbursed (in due course).

What about charges made by other firms due to failed direct debits? Are the banks going to reimburse customers for this?

If I understand correctly, yes. Anything at all leaving you out of pocket due to their mistake has to be rectified by the bank.

Short of being spammed by Natwest by text message apologising, I'm not affected at all.

Will people be compensated in the same manner Natwest is when people make a mistake with their account?

I raised a complaint with natwest - jan 2012. This still to date has not been investigated. I rang a week ago , they are still dealing with complaints from november 2011 ( this is a financial dispute complaint). I really hope they prioritise this mess and hope people don't have to wait this long.

Archived