RBS/National Westminster Banks' technical problems- June 2012

They've spoilt my lads birthday though, OH's wages should have gone in yesterday and haven't so my lad will now be without pressies and looks like I'm walking to work :(

Had you not heard the news, the radio or received texts, emails etc all advising you to go down to your local branches (all which were remaining open longer) where you could withdraw money?

oh right, so where are they then, my mank says zero i got paid friday , means to me they have been taken away, or has the money monster taken them :loopy:

they are in a great big pile in the corner of a vault somewhere, the problem is that no one knows quite where

oh right, so where are they then, my mank says zero i got paid friday , means to me they have been taken away, or has the money monster taken them :loopy:

As someone previously said the bank has not taken your wages. The bank have been suffering a technical fault which have stopped people bank balances from updating.

It's been on the news, the radio, they've alerted people via text & email, the banks have all stayed open extra hours so customers could draw cash out to try and alleviate the inconvenience, they have also stated that no-one will suffer financially because of the problem & yet there are still people saying to anyone who will listen, accusing the bank of stealing their money or ruining their weekends or making threats if they get charged any fees, and yet I wonder how many of these complainers have phoned the bank or actually been in person to see if their problem could be sorted or is sat complaining a better action?

having seen this on the news i personally think somone will take them to court over this not good enough for a bank of this size

Sue for what. Its a technical fault. As the old saying goes S*** happens.

If the bank had been negligent by sitting on this, keeping it quiet, refusing to help, refusing to handover money over the counter, refused to refund anyone with genuine charges or fees then maybe.

They haven't so no claim.

God sake its just one of those things - like a car breaking down or a plane being delayed due to engine failure.

They have done everything they can and anyone prepared to get off their backside and nip into a branch would get it sorted out.

What's wrong with people these days.

As someone previously said the bank has not taken your wages. The bank have been suffering a technical fault which have stopped people bank balances from updating.

It's been on the news, the radio, they've alerted people via text & email, the banks have all stayed open extra hours so customers could draw cash out to try and alleviate the inconvenience, they have also stated that no-one will suffer financially because of the problem & yet there are still people saying to anyone who will listen, accusing the bank of stealing their money or ruining their weekends or making threats if they get charged any fees, and yet I wonder how many of these complainers have phoned the bank or actually been in person to see if their problem could be sorted or is sat complaining a better action?

shows that you actually know nothing. Having had problems myself i phoned every rbs in sheffield on saturday but not one answered. i then went down to my local branch at ecclesfield and guess what? it was shut with no one in sight.

i understand that problems happen, but for them to come on news and say we are opening extra and for us to phone them is total bull****.

like someone said before they should give us interest like they take of us.

and the person who says they havent taken our money, well then were is it. i go by the fact that if i go to take my own money out of the bank but it wont let me because my balance says 0.00 then my money has been taken.

what good is it to say they havent taken our money,its still there you just cant have it. Hope my landlord is going to accept that and at asda aswell when we go to get food to feed ourselves and the kids.

If the bank had been negligent by sitting on this, keeping it quiet, refusing to help, refusing to handover money over the counter, refused to refund anyone with genuine charges or fees then maybe.

God sake its just one of those things - like a car breaking down or a plane being delayed due to engine failure.

They have done everything they can and anyone prepared to get off their backside and nip into a branch would get it sorted out.

incovienence for what so if you went a few pence overdrawn they charge you its only the same

i wish people would stop saying nip to local branch. RBS at ecclesfield was not open at all yesterday. not at any time during the morning or afternoon. and not any branch in sheffield were answering their phones.

So what good is nipping to a branch going to do if they are not open.

or am i suppose to drive to another branch on the hope they are open and just couldnt be bothered to answer the phone?

please advise

i wish people would stop saying nip to local branch. RBS at ecclesfield was not open at all yesterday. not at any time during the morning or afternoon. and not any branch in sheffield were answering their phones.

So what good is nipping to a branch going to do if they are not open.

or am i suppose to drive to another branch on the hope they are open and just couldnt be bothered to answer the phone?

please advise

Its the branches that are normally open on Saturdays that are open today, Sheffield High Street being one of them (not sure if its the only one)

I paid £500 to a Natwest customer on Thursday (Rent) which they have not received. My bank tell me it has been paid, but all payments are 'floating around' somewhere in Natwests systems. If they don't 'claim' payments and pay them into the correct accounts within the next 3 or 4 days though, they might have to return them, but it should be sorted by then.

Archived