Eating healthily but NOT LOSING WEIGHT?

Healthy food also has calories. Too much healthy food will make you fat.

Good point, all food is healthy its when its taken to excess that its not. Water is healthy but can kill if too much is drunk too quickly. Salt is necessary for health but again too much can kill.

Its not so much the food but a badly planned diet.

I wonder if anyone else is having the same/ a similar problem.

When I was about 12 I was one of the fattest kids in my year. Got bullied, decided to stop eating so they would leave me alone basically. Went down to under 6st at 14, then was about 7st at 16.

I was around 7st give or take a few lbs until I was 19 when I left University.

I am 5"3, I eat healthily, walk to work which takes a good 45 mins each way, and go swimming/ gym whenever i'm not too tired or busy which is probably 2-3 times a week.

The issue is, I have been nearly 9st for ages, and its all fat no muscle (i'm not exaggerating). Wearing clothes is uncomfortable as the fat rolls under my bra, when I lay on my side my boobs slant down because there is no muscle. my stomach folds over leggings and trousers. I have a thick layer of cellulite on my stomach and legs. It really is disgusting, I'm only 21 :(

I'm really fed up of looking like a big sack of spuds... help please? ha..

Fat Burning Workouts - do that, and problem solved.

ediesedgwic

what you posted saying the amount you eat,if you didnt exercise you would be obese.start counting calories immediatly.going to the gym is no good if you do nothing when you get there

get on the treadmill and get soaked in sweat then you are burning fat

dont come out of gym till all your clothes are stuck to you.being fit and healthy is hard work so try and enjoy it

ediesedgwic

what you posted saying the amount you eat,if you didnt exercise you would be obese.start counting calories immediatly.going to the gym is no good if you do nothing when you get there

get on the treadmill and get soaked in sweat then you are burning fat

dont come out of gym till all your clothes are stuck to you.being fit and healthy is hard work so try and enjoy it

Thanks for your response. I wouldnt have all that food in one evening haha! but do you still think this is too much?

I'm just hungry all the time, think that's why I eat this amount of food.

I don't do any strenuous exercise except a couple of times a week at the gym but yeah.. eeek!!

If your not losing any weight, I think you need to start looking into how many calories you are eating.

As others have posted, you maybe eating healthy food but how much food ? Healthy food still has calories.

Sometimes food labels can be misleading, say a meal from a supermarket that says 50% less calories may sound healthy but 50% of what. If it originally had 1000 calories in it, 50% less will still have 500 calories in it. Which for a woman 500 calories would be 25% of your recommended daily allowance. I'd start counting them calories just to see how many you are actually eating despite your healthy diet.

Excersice which you do, plus eating less calories than you burn per day and in theory you should lose weight.

I cannot believe everyone is giving advice to the OP on how to lose weight, when she's already put that she was very underweight at one point in her life. Which kind of indicates an eating disorder.

You also say you're nearly 9 stone, which means you're probably 8 stone something? Which is a healthy weight, and it sounds like your body is happy at that weight.

And can I just say, every womans boobs (if they're real) move to the sides when you lay down, and all the other things you describe are so normal. I think maybe you're just seeing yourself completely different to how you actually are.

I bet your friends think you've got an amazing body, don't they?

Have you really got cellulite or do you think you're just self conscious after the bullying?

I honestly think you maybe need to teach yourself that you're healthy, and be comfortable with yourself.

You're perfect as you are.

Edit: I just read that you said your boyfriend and friends are passing comment, erm, GET RID. Nobody should talk to someone like that if you care about them.

First of all your weight isn't really a problem, your BMI is what it should be.

But if you really want to lose weight then you need to cut out all of the cr*p food and stop snacking on cheese and sweets. Instead have a piece of fruit, surprisingly you'll start to enjoy it.

Depending on which gym you use you could do with a fitness plan. Talk to the instructor about what you want exactly and they will do a plan to suit you and the time you have to spend in the gym. I use Fitness Unlimited and use a key with my plan on it, so I know exactly what I've done that day.

Use smaller plates for your meals and cut your food into smaller pieces. This sounds stupid but also chew your food for longer because the body believes it's getting more food, your jaw will start to get tired.

Drink plenty of water.

Cider = full of sugar. You would be very surprised at how much it contains.

I did all the above and have lost 2 dress sizes now. You just need the motivation to do it.

Also have a look at slimming world meals, they have a good choice of healthier alternatives. There are also healthier snacks available if a piece of fruit doesn't satisfy you.

Good luck!

I actually feel like crying with frustration.

Stop giving advice!

I'm sorry if I'm completely wrong, but from her post it sounds like she has issues with food and maybe an eating disorder in her past. And you're all giving advice to someone HEALTHY on how to lose weight. Which she doesn't need to do!

She needs to learn to be comfortable with herself.

Archived