Gherkins on mcdonalds burgers

[pedantic mode]

It's not a gherkin. It's a pickled cucumber. For it to be a gherkin the brine or pickling solution must be unflavoured by any other ingredients. The pickled cucumbers that McDonalds use are pickled in pickling solution that is flavoured with Dill.

[/pedantic mode]

I worked for the chain when I was a lot younger and people would ask for their burger without but would give a variety of strange reasons.

One I had a customer as for a Big Mac without the pickled cucumber because she was "allergic" to it. I proceed to inform her that since she's informed me that she was allergic to it that I would have to withhold the sauce aswell as it contained the very same pickled cucumber in it's ingredients. She wasn't happy and said "oh I'm not allergic to that one though"

I still refused to serve it to her & she went off in a huff. I'd have been negligent if I'd allowed her to have the sauce since she'd informed me of a medical issue and that's what HQ told her when she called to complain (I knew she would so I pre-empted it and called HQ myself)

Ive heard the same rubbish regarding skins on jacket potatos.

The skin on a jacket potato is nice & one of the tastiest parts. It also contains B vitamins, vitamin C, iron, calcium, potassium and other nutrients - more than the actual potato!

My mum used to ask for a burger without most of the toppings. It was never a problem. I don't like the gherkins but my husband does so I get them & give them to him!

Mcdonald's burgers are the epitome of eating fecal matter on two scabby peaces of bread thats been handled by a grubby handed scruffy pup that hasn't washed their hands for several days. Give your immune system a break and steer clear of the disgusting food that is spewed from the bowels of the fast food machine known as mcdonalds. :0)

Archived