Kids bully bus monitor.

I can relate to this lady's abuse for I have seen similar (although not to this extreme extent) bullying of staff (especially dinner ladies and other lower paid staff) by a very small minority of students at the school where I work.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/06/21/karen-klein-video-bullied_n_1615622.html

What is striking and self evident is how poorly trained these people are to be able to deal with such bullying and how it happens to staff with certain personality traits but not to staff doing exactly the same job but with different personality traits. It sounds like I'm victim blaming here but I've seen remarkable changes in student behaviour after staff have received assertiveness training, coming across to the students as confident individuals which automatically garners a certain level of respect that oozing 'victim' from every pore of your body will never do. Kids can sniff it a mile away and can be merciless and it's down to the adult to understand what's going on and be able to manage the kid's behaviour in as effective a way as possible ideally with the help and support of other members of staff and the school authorities.

I can relate to this lady's abuse for I have seen similar (although not to this extreme extent) bullying of staff (especially dinner ladies and other lower paid staff) by a very small minority of students at the school where I work.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/06/21/karen-klein-video-bullied_n_1615622.html

What is striking and self evident is how poorly trained these people are to be able to deal with such bullying and how it happens to staff with certain personality traits but not to staff doing exactly the same job but with different personality traits. It sounds like I'm victim blaming here but I've seen remarkable changes in student behaviour after staff have received assertiveness training, coming across to the students as confident individuals which automatically garners a certain level of respect that oozing 'victim' from every pore of your body will never do. Kids can sniff it a mile away and can be merciless and it's down to the adult to understand what's going on and be able to manage the kid's behaviour in as effective a way as possible ideally with the help and support of other members of staff and the school authorities.

She's done pretty well out of it apparently...according to the news this morning there has been $37,000 collected so far to send her on a holiday! Maybe they could use some of that to send her on an 'assertiveness' course!

She's done pretty well out of it apparently...according to the news this morning there has been $37,000 collected so far to send her on a holiday! Maybe they could use some of that to send her on an 'assertiveness' course!

There's been a number of figures given, most seem to be around the $130,000 to $140,000 with the top figure being $300,000!:o

I'll take 10 mins of bullying for that amount of money thank you very much!

There's been a number of figures given, most seem to be around the $130,000 to $140,000 with the top figure being $300,000!:o

I'll take 10 mins of bullying for that amount of money thank you very much!

Tell ya what. I'll come and bully you for 10 mins and we'll split it!...Deal? :thumbsup:

Not sure if I'm quite that much of a sadomasochist but I might just go for 60/40 in your favour as long as the insults are REALLY demeaning.:love::help:

Hmmmmm...Ok, I've sort of lost track on who's the fall guy and who's the abuser!.....

I never was much good at that malarky!

I dated a masochist once, and she got annoyed that I wouldn't abuse her....I told her that was the abuse.....Not abusing her!...Seemed logical to me at the time! :hihi::hihi:

Hmmmmm...Ok, I've sort of lost track on who's the fall guy and who's the abuser!.....

I never was much good at that malarky!

I dated a masochist once, and she got annoyed that I wouldn't abuse her....I told her that was the abuse.....Not abusing her!...Seemed logical to me at the time! :hihi::hihi:

:thumbsup::hihi:That's spot on!

If only the woman on the bus had tried to make a joke out of it before it got to the really abusive stage.....but, then again, she wouldn't have got thousands of dollars out of it.

Archived