This Flaming British Summer!

It's the annual BMW bike festival here this weekend -Roughly 65,000 people are expected to attend. - All the hotels, guest houses and holiday apartments are full and 20,000 or so of those attending camp.

Usually, we get 3 or 4 inches of rain.

It's sunny.:)

Who wants to watch a silly bike race with 65,000 people in the sweltering sun :rant:

Sorry just having a touch of the mood swings,blame it on the weather blues.:(

Harley, I hope your air conditioner breaks and your pool becomes infested with dead flies or worse-visited by poppins :hihi:

:hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

Dont mind poppins coming. Our 250 pound neighbour took a dive in yesterday and the neighbours on the other side got a full scale tsunami over the wall.

Who wants to watch a silly bike race with 65,000 people in the sweltering sun :rant:

Where's the bike race? (Not that I would be interested in watching one.)

I said it was sunny - that was when it was daylight. We got about half an inch of rain at about 6pm.:hihi:

At this time of year, it's usually glorious (blue skies, little or no cloud, warm and sunny) in the morning, but by late afternoon thunderstorms are not uncommon. An inch or so of rain is quite normal - but the drainage systems are built to cope with it and nobody would even think of building on a flood plain.

I don't know whty so many of you are moaning about the weather.

in the UK:

If the temperature gets above 20'C and stays there for more than 3 days, it's a heatwave, the roads melt and everybody complains.

If the temperature falls below 5'C it's an 'Arctic blast'; if there's snow the country grinds to a halt.

If it doesn't rain for 3 days, it's a drought.

If it does, it's a flood.

Nothing's perfect.

You aren't having a heatwave

You aren't enduring a drought

You aren't shivering in an 'Arctic blast'.

It's wet. - But that will wash some of the litter away and you can't see the potholes. :hihi:

It could be far worse you know. You could be living in Colorado with blazing heat, around 35 C. every day, not a drop of rain for weeks and huge fires burning up thousands of acres of forests. About 350 homes destroyed so far.

I'd settle for a few weeks of English drizzle any day

Some people seem to missing the point.

As Englishmen we are entitled to moan about the weather.

It is what we do, it is part of our very Englishness.

If we werent so thoroughly lagged off with the weather, half the world would not have been discovered.

It is only trying to find somewhere a bit warmer that made us what we are.:hihi:

What do you do with them? surely you don't ride them at your age.::lol:

I still ride my Harley now and then. My mate just bought a new BMW-traded in his Harley for it-damned traitor :hihi:

I took a spin on it two nights ago. Lovely machine.

Our traffic cops luv em too. That's all they use

Some people seem to missing the point.

As Englishmen we are entitled to moan about the weather.

It is what we do, it is part of our very Englishness.

If we werent so thoroughly lagged off with the weather, half the world would not have been discovered.

It is only trying to find somewhere a bit warmer that made us what we are.:hihi:

Always a good subject to talk about - the weather. Makes a change from moaning about England getting their ass kicked in the world cup soccer games :hihi:

Archived