This Flaming British Summer!

we're just coming up to the key point of the summer now. It's about middle of July. At that point, whatever weather system is in place over the UK archipelago, could be a warm and wet one, could be a cool and dry one, could even be hot and dry one, like a heatwave, gets very difficult to shift. Whatever weather it is, tends to stay in place for several weeks, and it's probably the time of year when weather forecasters can make longer term forecasts, most reliably.

are you feeling lucky, punk?

we're just coming up to the key point of the summer now. It's about middle of July. At that point, whatever weather system is in place over the UK archipelago, could be a warm and wet one, could be a cool and dry one, could even be hot and dry one, like a heatwave, gets very difficult to shift. Whatever weather it is, tends to stay in place for several weeks, and it's probably the time of year when weather forecasters can make longer term forecasts, most reliably.

are you feeling lucky, punk?

If we get a heatwave i'll be moaning about that, its an age thing i think.:(

I thought your youtube link was going to be a weather report of some kind.It turns out to be a piece of jazz music, nice though!.

Was it that film "Easy Rider" that inspired the dream. Do we picture you as an ageing hippie or an old guy in leathers.:hihi:

In leathers? :hihi: Harley riders dont wear leathers. That's for the BMW and Yamaha crowd.

I was into bikes long before Easy Rider and you're never too old to RIDE :D

I always thought there was an age limit.:hihi:

To slightly misquote an old saying that originally applied to aviators.

"There are old bikers and bold bikers but no old, bold bikers"

Not far from my home is a range of mountains popular with weekend drivers and bikers. The road is good, straight in stretches, gently curved in others with hair pin bends in yet other places. The view of the valley below is quite spectacular on a clear day.

Sometimes us old and not so old Harley and Honda bikers take a leisurely spin up there. Along come the young bloods on their Kawasakis, Yamahas, Moto Guzi's or whatever whipping past us plodders like the proverbial hare past the tortoise.

Along the way you occasionally see these little wooden crosses with bouquets of flowers beside them but they are not in memory of Harley or Honda riders.

There are also the wannabe Mario Andrettis in their Chevy Corvettes, Porsches, souped up Beemers, Mustangs and Camaros. They too sometimes come to grief but on occasion 4 wheels can be forgiving. Never with two wheels however.

I can't think of anything better than spending a week in Cornwall .
I lived there for years. That caused my parents and my brother to eventually move down too. Gave my father twenty more years of life. If I had to go back, that's where I would go.:)

Two weeks with Janners who hate you and all you stand for?

I don't think so.

Come on, Balpin, you know better. Don't turn into a troll.If you didn't have a good time, maybe you might just be a little bit to blame. Cornishmen pick their friends carefully.

I still ride my Harley now and then. My mate just bought a new BMW-traded in his Harley for it-damned traitor :hihi:

I took a spin on it two nights ago. Lovely machine.

Our traffic cops luv em too. That's all they use

BMWs are the best bikes in the world., quiet and quick. I hate to have to say it Harley, but hogs are the noisiest bikes anywhere, and they rattle till bits fall off them. They're not really that fast, and the rice burners run rings round them. But they're American.:)

Archived