This Flaming British Summer!

In leathers? :hihi: Harley riders dont wear leathers. That's for the BMW and Yamaha crowd.

I was into bikes long before Easy Rider and you're never too old to RIDE :D

Maybe in California they don't wear leather, but I see plenty of leather covered with HD logoes in the Shamrock pub I frequent in the fall and winter, and its fit to ride.

There's an unwritten limit. ;)

I'll get rid of my BMWs when I'm 90 and buy a Goldwing. - It's got storage space for a Zimmer frame.:hihi:

You can always tell a Goldwing, the stereo is louder than the engine.

Maybe in California they don't wear leather, but I see plenty of leather covered with HD logoes in the Shamrock pub I frequent in the fall and winter, and its fit to ride.

Standard clobber. Tee-shirt or golf shirt with sleeveless leather jacket (that's it for the leather bit), Wiley X shades, helmet that looks like a cross between an Edison lineman's hat and German WW2 helmet (color black), jeans and biker boots or with me a pair of Dan Post barnyard shytte kickers.

As for my wife..... never did manage to persuade her to ride two up.

It's a rough life in California, sun, sun and more sun. Up at 5 this morning for 9 holes before the heat set in.

I'm hoping it will be raining in Seattle when we land there on the 20th to meet our crusie ship to Alaska. It would make a nice change to feel rain instead of splashing around in chlorinated pool water

I was dissapointed Andy Murray didn't win the match,and staying on topic i blame that on the weather.If it hadn't have been for that heavy downpour they wouldn't have had to stop playing for such a long time waiting for the roof cover.After that although he played an excellent game,the commentators said that being under cover made the game easier for Federer.

How so?. They dont play tennis under cover all the time in Switzerland do they?

Anyway very sorry that Murray lost after playing such a hard fought game. It would have been the first British victory since 1937

How so?. They dont play tennis under cover all the time in Switzerland do they?

Anyway very sorry that Murray lost after playing such a hard fought game. It would have been the first British victory since 1937

Missed this post the last time,posted from a cluttered mail page.So many people were sorry,not so many on this forum though for some reason? Talk about Xenaphobia :hihi: makes a change from the old English/Irish carry on.

Poppins came up with a good answer.

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showpost.php?p=9018132&postcount=205

I blame it all on the weather.:hihi:

Missed this post the last time,posted from a cluttered mail page.So many people were sorry,not so many on this forum though for some reason? Talk about Xenaphobia :hihi: makes a change from the old English/Irish carry on.

Poppins came up with a good answer.

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showpost.php?p=9018132&postcount=205

I blame it all on the weather.:hihi:

AndI I always thought that Yorkshire folk were nearer to the Scottish in sentiment than their bretheren down south.

Even Cameron was flying the Scottish flag at 10 Downing

When you see on TV those picures of the flooding in Hebdon Bridge due to the river bank bursting again,we have to be thankful that hasn't happened here,but they've predicted more heavy downpours today,and floods in parts of the Country.

It has to be something to do with global warming,someone on the radio said it was all to do with the Jet stream, I don't think thats an aircraft.:huh:

Archived