This Flaming British Summer!

I'm speaking as a Janner!
Janners don't eat oggies, don't have tre or pen in front of their name or were born in Redruth like my son, or lived in perfect harmony with the people of the Lizard as I did for many years, although my benighted brother would live no closer than Plymouth.:) Lucky for us no Balpins

Janners don't eat oggies, don't have tre or pen in front of their name or were born in Redruth like my son, or lived in perfect harmony with the people of the Lizard as I did for many years, although my benighted brother would live no closer than Plymouth.:) Lucky for us no Balpins

I've never heard of any of those names :huh: when I lived in England every one liked one another, nothing like that now, Brits don't even like their own country men and just because of where they live...very odd.

I've never heard of any of those names :huh: when I lived in England every one liked one another, nothing like that now, Brits don't even like their own country men and just because of where they live...very odd.

Cornish people have always been wary of outsiders.

The problem with this country is that whatever the weather people are always moaning about it. We've already had a couple of warm sunny spells in the past few months yet as soon as it gets colder and wetter people start whinging about how it's always raining, even though it's simply not true.

What's more, it's the amount of rain we get that makes Britain's countryside so lush and green. Yes, it may be hotter and sunnier in Mediterranean countries but places like Spain, Italy and Greece have no countryside to speak of and there's nothing to do but sit on the beach all day!

The great Bob Dylan,lucky you.

To me though, the greatest star of that weekend was Julie Felix, she stayed on for hours, and was great fun.

Dylan was dull and morose, and did no more than he was paid for.

He was a disappointment really.

The entire time was a blur really, we stormed the IOW ferry, and no one paid, as we broke through the gates into the street, it was crazy absolutely.

The first place after that I remember is a grass verge in Winchester waiting for a bus, or a lift, to take us northward.:hihi:

Sure it's not just you they hate?...Just a thought :hihi:

It may well be, and if so, who am I to disagree.

While people are hating me, they are leaving someone else alone, as we say in Sheffield.

Archived