This Flaming British Summer!

Well Basil Fawlty of Fawlty Towers was anyway
Last thing I remember, Torquay was in Devon, land of my ancestors, but you never know with these Cornese, always looking for a better place to make money.:)

It may well be, and if so, who am I to disagree.

While people are hating me, they are leaving someone else alone, as we say in Sheffield.

So everyone in Sheffield is leaving everyone else alone, save you. That's a hell of a burden.:)

I know that. Some of my happiest years were spent there, though my Grandfather was from Exeter.:)

Sorry! I've never heard the word Cornese before. I wish I had, I would have used it when I used to work in Saltash.

It's Cornish!
I know that. Some of my happiest years were spent there, though my Grandfather was from Exeter. My avatar shows five men posing with a Naval helicopter at RNAS Culdrose in 1964. The aircraft was a Westland Wasp assigned to F39, a Leander Class Frigate titled HMS Naiad. I was its Radio/Radar Petty Officer. My attachment to the Lizard Peninsula remains strong to this day from 48 years ago.:)

Sorry! I've never heard the word Cornese before. I wish I had, I would have used it when I used to work in Saltash.
My wife, son, and I came home from 2 years in Malta just in time for Christmas 1962. Stayed in Sheffield for a couple of weeks, picked up a new Mini I'd ordered before I left Malta, and headed for Cornwall in one of he worst winters England ever knew. We fought snow and ice all the way, stayed the night in Taunton then went on. We were advised that the road through Okehampton was blocked so took another route through Plymouth. Aswe looked down on Devonport and the Tamar Bridge we were amazed to see Saltash green wih grass. There wasn't a trace of snow all the way to my parent''s house in Falmouth.:)

I know that. Some of my happiest years were spent there, though my Grandfather was from Exeter. My avatar shows five men posing with a Naval helicopter at RNAS Culdrose in 1964. The aircraft was a Westland Wasp assigned to F39, a Leander Class Frigate titled HMS Naiad. I was its Radio/Radar Petty Officer. My attachment to the Lizard Peninsula remains strong to this day from 48 years ago.:)

My dad used to take me to the Culdrose airshow, as well as the St Mawgen one in the 1980s. So I've been there a few times, RNAS Culdrose is still open.

Archived