This Flaming British Summer!

So explain to me how a country gets to be great without the people who inhabit it. Without them its just another place with mountains, meadows, lakes, and streams, nicer and more grand than most. You are a descendent of a great country which despite its small size somehow managed to civilize half the world. You obviously had no part of that, being of the new Britain, full of trollers who arrive in SF for a few months then disappear to spoil another forum.

I was born in 1951, I cannot claim, unlike you to have fought for my country, and I give you kudos for that.

My Father and Uncles did fight through the entire WW2 however.

I was born in 1951, I cannot claim, unlike you to have fought for my country, and I give you kudos for that.

My Father and Uncles did fight through the entire WW2 however.

I'm sorry, it was probably a bit unfair of me, but it is wrong to throw out aspersions on other people, races, or countries without proof. It is common on this forum to attack America for any reason whatever. I find it hard to understand.One of the favorites is America didn't come into the war until forced by the Japs. The main reason for this was an unwillingness by those of European background for sending its sons to die for a Continent they had fought to escape from, and I personally don't blame them. Many of them were of German or Italian descent, as well as some Irish who had no love for Britain. Once the die was cast at Pearl Harbor, they volunteered in their millions. After the war, America spent vast sums to bring these enemy couintries back into the world, in an effort to sustain European and Far East peace. The reason for WW2 was probably as much the result of France's bleeding the German economy dry creating a need for Hitler as it was the Germans themselves. As for me, I found it hard after so many years in the service settling back into a 9 to 5 existence, and was glad to find a job that had me travelling all over Europe and Britain installing and repairing electronic automation equipment for Davy United, until my late wife started complaining. So we moved to Canada. I have never regretted it to this day.:)

I'm sorry, it was probably a bit unfair of me, but it is wrong to throw out aspersions on other people, races, or countries without proof. It is common on this forum to attack America for any reason whatever. I find it hard to understand.One of the favorites is America didn't come into the war until forced by the Japs. The main reason for this was an unwillingness by those of European background for sending its sons to die for a Continent they had fought to escape from, and I personally don't blame them. Many of them were of German or Italian descent, as well as some Irish who had no love for Britain. Once the die was cast at Pearl Harbor, they volunteered in their millions. After the war, America spent vast sums to bring these enemy couintries back into the world, in an effort to sustain European and Far East peace. The reason for WW2 was probably as much the result of France's bleeding the German economy dry creating a need for Hitler as it was the Germans themselves. As for me, I found it hard after so many years in the service settling back into a 9 to 5 existence, and was glad to find a job that had me travelling all over Europe and Britain installing and repairing electronic automation equipment for Davy United, until my late wife started complaining. So we moved to Canada. I have never regretted it to this day.:)

Good on you buck and thanks.

Today there isn't a cloud in the sky and it's hovering around 80 F. Wouldnt mind some of that rain from the UK though
That's cool for LA I think, though San Francisco can get pretty chilly at times. As for here, we've had a couple of days near 100, and humid forcing old farts like me to stay indoors with the central air on. Then we had a short vicious monsoon which almost stopped us going out to my favorite Italian ristorante for some shrimp scampi over linguini fettucini, but didn't succeed. The Canadian Club on the rocks cheered me up no end.:)

Yes but i didn't have my new Summer clothes in March,i've hardly had a chance to show them off yet.

You should've been sensible & bought a cagoule for your summer wardrobe, like I did :) Shiny plastic Berghaus hiking gear looks great in torrential rain.

That's cool for LA I think, though San Francisco can get pretty chilly at times. As for here, we've had a couple of days near 100, and humid forcing old farts like me to stay indoors with the central air on. Then we had a short vicious monsoon which almost stopped us going out to my favorite Italian ristorante for some shrimp scampi over linguini fettucini, but didn't succeed. The Canadian Club on the rocks cheered me up no end.:)

We're always about 10 degrees warmer than L.A. The high deserts are already up in the 100s and in another 3-4 weeks we'll be getting around 100 F plus most days. Nio humidity though. Anything we do, tennis, cycling, gardening, golfing etc we do before 10:00AM or after 6:00 PM.

No mad dogs and Englishmen going out in the noon day sun here

Archived