This Flaming British Summer!

Uncomfortable/ Yes if you're out in it. I prefer to stay in and mess around on the forum with the cooling thermostat set at 78 F or take an occasional dip in the pool.

Yes i'm having a mess around on the forum at the moment,its another lovely sunny day though, so off out soon.

Havn't got around to re-filling the pool though yet.I usually do it with the hosepipe,but they have only just lifted the ban and up to this week its been too cold for a swim. ;)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2167847/UK-Weather-Last-month-wettest-June-records-began-1910-5-7in-rain-fell.html

You see i never exaggerate about nothing,and i wasn't when i started this thread.The wettest June since records began.If you look at those pictures though we havn't had it as bad as so many other parts of the UK,and luckily last week we had a beautiful day in Sheffield for the Olympic torch relay whereas after that other cities had some really heavy showers.

I know i'm always harping on about the weather lately,but who isn't fed up with it.Its like waking up to a dull November day today.I'm suppose to be going to the Botanical Gardens music festival this weekend looks as if thats going to be a washout.I hear the Chatsworth Gala is probably being cancelled.

All the work people put into these events,isn't it a shame.It will be awful if these floods the weather experts are predicting occur today,hope that doesn't happen.

I know i'm always harping on about the weather lately,but who isn't fed up with it.Its like waking up to a dull November day today.I'm suppose to be going to the Botanical Gardens music festival this weekend looks as if thats going to be a washout.I hear the Chatsworth Gala is probably being cancelled.

All the work people put into these events,isn't it a shame.It will be awful if these floods the weather experts are predicting occur today,hope that doesn't happen.

I'm utterly sick of it. We get the occasional 'okish' day and then it's back to rain again. No doubt next year the water companies will be bellyaching 'again' about water shortages!

It's not helped by The Daily Express writing off the next 3 months (in between stories about the McCanns or Lady Di) or that complete incompetent Paul The 'Weatherman' on Look North.

Thursday and today were definitely going to be monsoon-like (and Thursday wasn't - not that he said so last night, he just blathered on about today being bad). Time for somebody to sue these idiots for cancelled events.

It's not helped by The Daily Express writing off the next 3 months (in between stories about the McCanns or Lady Di) or that complete incompetent Paul The 'Weatherman' on Look North.

Thursday and today were definitely going to be monsoon-like (and Thursday wasn't - not that he said so last night, he just blathered on about today being bad). Time for somebody to sue these idiots for cancelled events.

When he drops a clanger on the proportions of the famous Michael Fish forecast, then you can call him incompetent.

(Do Paul and Krista really hate one another? They're always hurling insults at each other, disguised to look like friendly banter!)

Uncomfortable/ Yes if you're out in it. I prefer to stay in and mess around on the forum with the cooling thermostat set at 78 F or take an occasional dip in the pool.

Harley, I hope your air conditioner breaks and your pool becomes infested with dead flies or worse-visited by poppins :hihi:

When he drops a clanger on the proportions of the famous Michael Fish forecast, then you can call him incompetent.

(Do Paul and Krista really hate one another? They're always hurling insults at each other, disguised to look like friendly banter!)

Do you mean when Michael Fish told a lady writing in from the USA that she needn't expect a hurricane where she was, in the USA?.

Poor Michael Fish, he never said there wouldn't be a hurricane here, but everyone "remembers" him doing so.

It's the annual BMW bike festival here this weekend -Roughly 65,000 people are expected to attend. - All the hotels, guest houses and holiday apartments are full and 20,000 or so of those attending camp.

Usually, we get 3 or 4 inches of rain.

It's sunny.:)

Archived