Queen to shake hands with Sinn Fein Leader.

McGuinness and a Windsor shaking hands, murderer gets the Royal seal of approval. I feel all cosy inside.

Our prisons are full of men and women who have committed crimes that don't even scratch at the level of violence he was involved in..let's give them a handshake eh.

Games, games and more games.

You dont remember the Prods who opened fire on a bunch of Catholic school kids when they were near a Prod neighbourhood then? Happened sometime near the end of the troubles.

Ian Paisley was the nearest thing to a Nazi that Ulster produced.

You dont remember the Prods who opened fire on a bunch of Catholic school kids when they were near a Prod neighbourhood then? Happened sometime near the end of the troubles.

Paisley was a loud mouthed bully who brought out the worst in every person he met.

Is he still alive?

If not he will be roasting on the coals discussing tactics with The Devil.

Apart from that he was alright.

He's not shaking hands with a Windsor and the protestants who committed the atrocity aren't either. Generally my sentiment made no excuse for either but as we're discussing McGuinness, Sinn Fein and a Windsor I'll keep it that way..unless another thread is started.

He's not shaking hands with a Windsor and the protestants who committed the atrocity aren't either. Generally my sentiment made no excuse for either but as we're discussing McGuinness, Sinn Fein and a Windsor I'll keep it that way..unless another thread is started.

In short the IRA and the Loyalists were each as bad as the other....murdering scum.

If Ulster is now enjoying peace after so many years of strife it dont matter who shakes hands with who. All that matters now is that Ulster moves on to better times.

In short the IRA and the Loyalists were each as bad as the other....murdering scum.

If Ulster is now enjoying peace after so many years of strife it dont matter who shakes hands with who. All that matters now is that Ulster moves on to better times.

Totally agree. But after working with a guy from Northern Ireland last year on a generator contract, he said it is still bad with sectarianism and kneecapping etc still ongoing, they just don't report anymore [ sorry about the spelling, no spell checker]

The IRA were not as bad as the UDA etc.,especially as the latter connived with the authorities.Using the term scum is lazy and suggests you lack a proper vocabulary.Its a cliche.

Totally agree. But after working with a guy from Northern Ireland last year on a generator contract, he said it is still bad with sectarianism and kneecapping etc still ongoing, they just don't report anymore [ sorry about the spelling, no spell checker]

They really are incredibly narrow minded people. A late aunt of mine who lived in Belfast (and a Catholic) married a Protestant and for years while they lived in a Protestant neighbourhood she was too scared to tell anyone that she was a Catholic.

The best thing that happened to Ireland, north and south was when the Church went into decline in the 1970s.

The IRA were not as bad as the UDA etc.,especially as the latter connived with the authorities.Using the term scum is lazy and suggests you lack a proper vocabulary.Its a cliche.

:hihi: :hihi: What we have here is a dictionary snob. Well every forum has to have one so you're nominated.

I like the word "scum" It so adequately describes people who plant bombs, ambush and shoot people in the back and perpetuate hate based on such a foolish and irrelevent thing as religious choice.

The only actual Orangeman I came across was in a pub in Canada. He was three sheets to the wind and yelling about "Popery" and "Taigs" (Their name for Catholics).

He made a right Tit of himself and everybody was cracking up.

A Canadian asked me if all us Brits were like him after a few beers.

:hihi: :hihi: What we have here is a dictionary snob. Well every forum has to have one so you're nominated.

I like the word "scum" It so adequately describes people who plant bombs, ambush and shoot people in the back and perpetuate hate based on such a foolish and irrelevent thing as religious choice.

The only actual Orangeman I came across was in a pub in Canada. He was three sheets to the wind and yelling about "Popery" and "Taigs" (Their name for Catholics).

He made a right Tit of himself and everybody was cracking up.

A Canadian asked me if all us Brits were like him after a few beers.

Read an article in the Mail today [ sos if this offends Sun readers ] about gangs in London. When the journalist who befriended them took them for a meal outsde of their area, they were scared of being seen in some elses territory. How sad is that. Living in one small area as though going elsewhere is going to get them killed. If you get the chance read it. Really opens your mind as to what ghettos exist in the UK. Why is this still happening in a supposed civilised society?

exactly, good post

Archived