How to find our sisters resting place

Hi,

We are trying to find where our sister is buried. She died in 1965 (4 months old). We lived in on Bank Side (we think) Brightside/Wincobank, Sheffield. We are not sure if she was buried or cremated. We have no other information but as Shiregreen Cemetary is nearby we guess she may be there. How can we find out? You want to go and say hello and let her know we love her. Any ideas how we can find her? Thanks.

Thank you. Have recently found out date she died. Will go and look at records. Have read sad things about not being able to place headstones but discovered babies were buried 4 to a grave. At least she isn't alone a blessing in disguise. Wiill let you know if we find her.

The Sheffield Archives hold all cemetery records for Sheffield on microfilm. If you have the date of death and know which cemetery she may be buried in you will find the plot where she is resting.

I may be visiting the Archives next week.

If you want to PM me with the name and details of your sister I will have a look for you.

H X

Go to shiregreen cemetery and speak to the verger - as long as you know the name, and approximatmate date of death, they can check the records for that cemetery.....hope you find her.

My Mum is buried in Shiregreen cemetery but they don`t hold the records there anymore, they have all been transfered to City Road cemetery.

I telephoned City Road for the information i needed and they were very helpfull. Good luck :)

Archived