The socks and sandal combo!

I will try to keep this light hearted but underneath it all it really gets my goat!

What is it with men and the socks and sandal combo?

Is it just my owld man who thinks he looks cool when wearing such a combination?

He thinks he looks like a movie star in em and i really have not got the heart to tell him he just looks a (removed).

Why don't you tell us what exactly is wrong with wearing sandals and socks. I know it's a common view, but I've yet to hear anyone offer an explanation of why they have a problem with it.

Also, are you sure your bloke thinks it looks cool? He could well be wearing them cos he finds them comfortable and isn't particularly concerned about what other people think of it.

Why don't you tell us what exactly is wrong with wearing sandals and socks. I know it's a common view, but I've yet to hear anyone offer an explanation of why they have a problem with it.

Also, are you sure your bloke thinks it looks cool? He could well be wearing them cos he finds them comfortable and isn't particularly concerned about what other people think of it.

I'll tell you whats wrong with it....its the ladies version of the camel toe..

Its just not a good luck.:D

I take you are a closet wearer of the famous S&S Combo then :suspect::hihi:

He thinks he looks cool cos he checks his ass out in every shop reflection :D

How can anyone find having their toes smothered in socks and poking through open toe sandals comfy?? :)

Do you have a full length mirror? Has he ever looked at himself dressed like this in said mirror? If so he must have thought to himself "looking good" or he would have at least changed those delightful sounding shorts.

Conclusion, he has very bad eyesight, get them checked.

Remedy, give all his naff clothes to charity and buy him some that he will look good in.

So... you can't actually say what's wrong with it? :)

No I'm not. Neither has anything I've said suggested that I was. You seem a little presumptious.

But you said before-

Is it just my owld man who thinks he looks cool when wearing such a combination?

He thinks he looks like a movie star in em and i really have not got the heart to tell him he just looks a (removed).

Checking himself out in shop windows, at most, means he thinks he looks cool- not that he thinks he looks cool because of his footwear choices.

How can anyone find having their toes smothered in socks and poking through open toe sandals comfy?? :)

Well... plenty do- it's their choice isn't it? That's the thing about personal choice- different people like different things.

Sandals are convenient to slip on and off.

Socks keep your feet warm.

I really don't understand why women have a problem with them. Maybe they should worry less about fashion and more about utility, and then they'd understand.

Completely agree. Some (perhaps most) people put too much emphasis on appearance, to the detriment of practicality.

If sandals and socks are functional, what's the problem?

Does he wear a bum bag too?:hihi:

I can agree with OP on this.

Sandals were invented to keep the foot cool and free of sweat, so coupling them with a socks is completely illogical.

It's just that, if you wear socks with sandals, you must be stupid, I can see no other explanation.

Archived