Wierd conversation at the petrol station

I couldnt sleep well last night so thought id take doggie for a walk to the petrol station and get a paper. At the window there was a young lad being served and he was having a conversation with the assistant when he (the customer) said "no WAY, id ****ing kill myself if i were. Im an Arab, Not a pakkie"

He then went on to say "there is a difference you know" then walked off in a huff to his car.

When it was my turn to be served the assistant looked at me and simply said with a glum look on his face.

"I thought he was Pakistani"

Im not sure exactly what was said between the two before me but i didnt half feel sorry for the lad behind the counter. His English was shocking and i think he just wanted to make a new friend.

Poor bloke but what a funny exchange. I was giggling to myself most of the way home.

So basically an arab racially abused a pakistani and you thought it was funny. I feel sorry for the poor bloke to be honest.

No, sounds like the cashier was Pakistani and he made some sort of Pakistani quip to a man he thought was also Pakistani.

But he wasn't Pakistani, he was an Arab. He was frustrated at the fact the cashier presumed he was Pakistani because of the way he looked.

Case closed.

No, sounds like the cashier was Pakistani and he made some sort of Pakistani quip to a man he thought was also Pakistani.

But he wasn't Pakistani, he was an Arab. He was frustrated at the fact the cashier presumed he was Pakistani because of the way he looked.

Case closed.

Yes, the cashier assumed he was Pakistani and the arab responded with 'I'd kill myself if I was a ****'. That is racist, even if it comes from an arab, it's racist.

Yes, the cashier assumed he was Pakistani and the arab responded with 'I'd kill myself if I was a ****'. That is racist, even if it comes from an arab, it's racist.

You're right, it is racist. He clearly displayed a hatred for another race in my opinion. He should have reported it to the police if he was offended.

You're right, it is racist. He clearly displayed a hatred for another race in my opinion. He should have reported it to the police if he was offended.

That's going a bit far. He simply said he would kill himself (unlikely) if he was Pakistani. That's his personal view. It's not like he's telling people to go out and kill Pakistanis, which is what the police would be concerned with.

That's going a bit far. He simply said he would kill himself (unlikely) if he was Pakistani. That's his personal view. It's not like he's telling people to go out and kill Pakistanis, which is what the police would be concerned with.

Section 28 Crime and Disorder Act 1998. An offence will be racially or religiously aggravated if:

a) at the time of the offence (or shortly before or after), the offender demonstrates to the victim hostility based on the victim's membership (or presumed membership) of a racial or religious group.

Now before you can racially aggravate an offence, there needs to be an offence to begin with. If he was alarmed by the comment, section 5 public order 1986. "Causing harass, alarm or distress" is a criminal offence.

You're wrong, I'm right.

Edit - I am sorry for being harsh, I don't mean to. But racism is wrong and you're defending a racist airing his racist beliefs in public, not a society I want to live in. You're part of the problem.

Section 28 Crime and Disorder Act 1998. An offence will be racially or religiously aggravated if:

a) at the time of the offence (or shortly before or after), the offender demonstrates to the victim hostility based on the victim's membership (or presumed membership) of a racial or religious group.

Now before you can racially aggravate an offence, there needs to be an offence to begin with. If he was alarmed by the comment, section 5 public order 1986. "Causing harass, alarm or distress" is a criminal offence.

You're wrong, I'm right.

Regardless of subject, that's your claim for everything! :hihi:

Archived