Wierd conversation at the petrol station

Even if there were no white folks around to hear or be offended by it?

Seems odd.

Why does it seem odd? I wouldn't need to know your mother to be offended by someone describing her in a racially offensive way. Common sense isn't it?

Also, violence towards women? Far better than verbal bigotry :huh:. Is that a common occurrence?

Aren't you bright enough to understand a figure of speech when you encounter one?

Personally I don't think this incident is racist or worthy of police intervention or anyone else's for that matter but a few people chewing ears on here about it is hardly something to get worked up about is it GR?

I dont get worked up as you succinctly put it,its the usual suspects who like to cry RACIST that seems to be getting worked up

]So if Pakistanis had a word they used to describe the whites they 'kicked the hell out of'[/b], you might not be well disposed to one referring to you in that way now, that's the only point I'm making.

I know in the US, some blacks refer to whites malevolently as 'crackers', personally I would never refer to white people that way because I know the meaning of the word is intended to be offensive, even if some whites chose to describe themselves as such.

If you dont know what their words for whites are its obvious you dont have much contact with these people on their own turf,so to speak,they like to question the marital status of whiteys parents across the board.

Why does it seem odd? I wouldn't need to know your mother to be offended by someone describing her in a racially offensive way. Common sense isn't it?

Aren't you bright enough to understand a figure of speech when you encounter one?

Evidentially not. I apologise. I was stereotyping you after two posts you made in one day seemed to indicate a predisposition to toward physical violence.

Just as some black folks call each other n***** if one ever did so to me, he'd find his nose displaced to the rear of his head.

No it's not. He is an arab and arab is not a term of abuse like ****. If I'd followed it up by saying I'd kil myself if I was an arab that wou;d be racist. And if you can't work that out for yourself you're either dopey or being facetious.

Facetious:D

However, it was not the term 'Arab' to which I was referring

It was the 'even if' part

And if you can't work.... etc.

If you dont know what their words for whites are its obvious you dont have much contact with these people on their own turf,so to speak,they like to question the marital status of whiteys parents across the board.

..and you think that's acceptable?

I dont get worked up as you succinctly put it,its the usual suspects who like to cry RACIST that seems to be getting worked up

Oi, I'm not the usual suspects. I'm usually the one being called racist because I think immigration should be reduced and am not a fan of political correctness. I am usually right of centre politics wise.

But there is a line where it is just abusing someone for their race and that line has been crossed in this incident.

I have to say I don't like it when anybody is abused like that be they white, black, French, Turkish whatever. If you're having a joke with someone that is one thing, but saying 'I would kill myself if I was a <insert abusvie racist name> us quite another. And quite apart from the racist angle it was bloody rude.

I want to know what this word is now. Go on, tell.

Archived