Ford Transit Van In "Limp" Home Mode.. Help

Ive had someone come out and hook the van up to the diagnostics machine ,and the fault is the EGR VALVE. Anyone have any idea of which scrapyards might have any Transit vans in ?, as im going to try and get EGR off a scrapper,as there is no way im paying nearly £100 for a new one. I priced the new ones up and nearly fell of the chair when i saw the price of them.

Ive had someone come out and hook the van up to the diagnostics machine ,and the fault is the EGR VALVE. Anyone have any idea of which scrapyards might have any Transit vans in ?, as im going to try and get EGR off a scrapper,as there is no way im paying nearly £100 for a new one. I priced the new ones up and nearly fell of the chair when i saw the price of them.

Just come across regarding someone in sheffield who breaks them so maybe worth a try= http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=892858

Still cant solve the problem. Ive had a new EGR valve fitted ,but the van is still in Limp home mode . Ive had another mechanic look at it with his diagnostics computer and it says there is now an electrical fault on the EGR VALVE. but its had a new valve fitted. He said it could cost upwards of £200 to locate the fault and repair it. There is no way im ever going to pay that . anyone got any ideas of sorting this "limp mode "fault out. ?

• 2 weeks later...
Just come across regarding someone in sheffield who breaks them so maybe worth a try= http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=892858

Im still having no luck in sorting this problem. The van is still in "Limp" mode ,and when im driving it its will do only 35MPH flat out ,and i can only get up to 3rd gear. I know its a power supply problem to the EGR valve ,but although ive spoken to loads of garages ,not one will give me a price for fixing the problem. They all just say it could be a very expensive job and i will just have to leave the van with them . There is no way im letting someone just have the van without an exact price for the job beforehand. Im struggling ,as i onlly have one good van running at present ,and im having to use this for my longer runs whilst struggling round sheffield in the one in limp mode. Ive been told that continuing to use the van with this "limp " mode active ,it will wreck the engine ,but ive no choice ,as i have to use it for my jobs ,but im not sending it in for repair until i know how much its going to cost me.

Im still having no luck in sorting this problem. The van is still in "Limp" mode ,and when im driving it its will do only 35MPH flat out ,and i can only get up to 3rd gear. I know its a power supply problem to the EGR valve ,but although ive spoken to loads of garages ,not one will give me a price for fixing the problem. They all just say it could be a very expensive job and i will just have to leave the van with them . There is no way im letting someone just have the van without an exact price for the job beforehand. Im struggling ,as i onlly have one good van running at present ,and im having to use this for my longer runs whilst struggling round sheffield in the one in limp mode. Ive been told that continuing to use the van with this "limp " mode active ,it will wreck the engine ,but ive no choice ,as i have to use it for my jobs ,but im not sending it in for repair until i know how much its going to cost me.

You're going to have to bite the bullet and cough up for a proper repair or get rid of the van..

Motoring is a painful expensive think and quite infuriating at times..

You're going to have to bite the bullet and cough up for a proper repair or get rid of the van..

Motoring is a painful expensive think and quite infuriating at times..

Ive been driving it a couple of weeks now with it in "Limp" mode ,and its still running ,albeit very slowly .Im thinking about just running it until the engine goes on me ,then sell it for spares or repair ,and taking a massive hit on what i paid for it. I cant understand why no garage will give me a price for fixing it.

• 2 years later...