Ford Transit Van In "Limp" Home Mode.. Help

Im still having no luck in sorting this problem. The van is still in "Limp" mode ,and when im driving it its will do only 35MPH flat out ,and i can only get up to 3rd gear. I know its a power supply problem to the EGR valve ,but although ive spoken to loads of garages ,not one will give me a price for fixing the problem. They all just say it could be a very expensive job and i will just have to leave the van with them . There is no way im letting someone just have the van without an exact price for the job beforehand. Im struggling ,as i onlly have one good van running at present ,and im having to use this for my longer runs whilst struggling round sheffield in the one in limp mode. Ive been told that continuing to use the van with this "limp " mode active ,it will wreck the engine ,but ive no choice ,as i have to use it for my jobs ,but im not sending it in for repair until i know how much its going to cost me.

You need to sort it or it will cost you more in the long if you keep running it in limp mode the limp mode is to protect the engine from any damage any competent mechanic should be able to sort it out for you..even if you have replaced the EGR valve you will need someone who has the Ford software OBD to reset the ECU...a normal OBD can only read the fault code...try JB autos pagehall they are not cheap but they will have the correct ford software...

You need to sort it or it will cost you more in the long if you keep running it in limp mode the limp mode is to protect the engine from any damage any competent mechanic should be able to sort it out for you..even if you have replaced the EGR valve you will need someone who has the Ford software OBD to reset the ECU...a normal OBD can only read the fault code...try JB autos pagehall they are not cheap but they will have the correct ford software...
Seeing its over two years ago I think its either fixed or scrapped. ;)

My transit engine management light came and van was randomly going into limp mode I got the egr sorted after it was diagnosed and also got a service done, it is still going into limpmode not all the time but mostly after I have been driving for a while any ideas guys

With the newer fords they need the ford software program from Ford direct. you can use a normal OBD to read the fault codes.but anything further you need the Ford software to do anything Ford don't like giving the software out apart from their main dealers.. with the ford software they can get into the ECU and see what faults have been recorded.

---------- Post added 02-12-2014 at 20:48 ----------

Seeing its over two years ago I think its either fixed or scrapped. ;)

Old threads again:rolleyes: sounds like he was skinflint anyway..

My transit engine management light came and van was randomly going into limp mode I got the egr sorted after it was diagnosed and also got a service done, it is still going into limpmode not all the time but mostly after I have been driving for a while any ideas guys

Could be one of a dozen things, EGR solenoid, MAF, air piping to name but a few. You need a diagnostic check to confirm which part is faulty otherwise you could waste hundreds throwing parts at the problem.