Help car making loud tapping noise

thanks for that i will give that a try 2moz i will also try and find someone kind enough to do it for me aswell haha :)

Forgot about the other noise! If that's the clutch (as suggested by another member, or should I say SF Member!) it will be expensive to repair.

Same as I said before, get someone to have a look first before you scrap it as it could be something simple and cheap to fix, might just be a bearing or something. If it turns out to be too expensive to fix, then at least you know you are making the right decision by scrapping it.

hi it does the other noise when its not in gear when i rev the engine so can i count the clutch out with it not been in gear when its making the noise? sorry i should have made myself more clear thanks again

Not sure what that is then, but as I said get it checked before scrapping it.

I'm pretty sure that new oil & filter will cure the other problem though.

Whatever happens with this car, good luck with your test next week.

haha i know i am abit gutterd atcually as this problem has popped up AFTER i spray the alloys :( standard vauxall alloys aswell so if it is knackard al end up with 4 nice sprayed alloys and no car to put them on :(

hi it does the other noise when its not in gear when i rev the engine so can i count the clutch out with it not been in gear when its making the noise? sorry i should have made myself more clear thanks again

then thats got to be the engine making the noise

Archived