Conservatives discuss whether to remove housing benefit from under 25s

What a surprise to see the Tories demonising the poor whilst cutting taxes for the rich. Who'd have thought that?

Nick Clegg...see who you're cavorting with?

Time to end the coalition NOW

The poor aren’t being demonised just the lazy.

Many a true word is said in jest.

But a lot of my predictions have come true. And society seems to be destined to kill itself (or at least the current one we live in - land monopolists on crack).

If you back every horse in every race you'll get a few winners. That doesn't alter the fact that you talk through your hat most of the time.

I think single unemployed people that can't live at home with mom and dad should be given bed and food in return for work but not an house.

I don't think the government has suggested throwing people out on the streets, what gripes my kids off is seeing someone they went to school with, that just tossed off whilst they were their now living in an house rent free and not working whilst they work and pay tax.

I've always thought that for under 20s with children they should be housed in supervised complexes where alcohol and drugs are banned and there are no visitors after 8pm. Would be expensive at first but then would make the birth rate in teens drop so much it would save money in the long run.

I suspect if the attraction of the freedom was gone it might tempt a lot less people, but those who genuinely needed it would still be housed.

You must live near me unless they have spread all over the country.:D

My under 25's support it because they are saving for the deposit to buy a house and don't see why they should pay tax to support the unemployed that have a house.

but you would support them in getting a free house if they became unemployed :hihi::hihi::hihi:

I've always thought that for under 20s with children they should be housed in supervised complexes where alcohol and drugs are banned and there are no visitors after 8pm. Would be expensive at first but then would make the birth rate in teens drop so much it would save money in the long run.

I suspect if the attraction of the freedom was gone it might tempt a lot less people, but those who genuinely needed it would still be housed.

Sounds like a plan. :)

What about the workers who claim housing benefit? Most claimants are working. Are they just too lazy to get a job that can pay the rent?

Workers are contributing to society and should be helped until they can afford a house; we shouldn’t have a situation in which workers can’t afford a house whilst claimants get them for free.

Archived