Conservatives discuss whether to remove housing benefit from under 25s

I totally agree with this plan. Housing should be something that individuals arrange for themselves. Why should the state or council house anybody?

I live at home because I can't afford my own place so why should 18 year olds who have never contributed be housed for free?. The way I see it is no job=no money=no food= no house=DEATH.

Work or Starve!! Work or DIE!!

This is Labour's legacy of dependency & idleness that Cameron is trying to deal with. People should get angry with Blair & Brown not Cameron.

This is Labour's legacy of dependency & idleness that Cameron is trying to deal with. People should get angry with Blair & Brown not Cameron.

while labour deserve a great deal of criticism for the fact that they did very little to address the underlying problems, the legacy is that of conservative governments of the 80's.

it's those government's which destoyed the state owned housing sector, created a property bubble which drove house prices up, stood by and did nothing to lessen the effect of the collapse of the traditional industries and created an environment where wealth has been transferred from poor to rich at an ever increasing rate.

while labour deserve a great deal of criticism for the fact that they did very little to address the underlying problems, the legacy is that of conservative governments of the 80's.

it's those government's which destoyed the state owned housing sector, created a property bubble which drove house prices up, stood by and did nothing to lessen the effect of the collapse of the traditional industries and created an environment where wealth has been transferred from poor to rich at an ever increasing rate.

Selling the council houses meant people that would never have been able afford their own home could afford it and it also kept property prices low. It was mass immigration, a lack of housing to accommodate the expanding population, buy to let and low interests rates that caused the property bubble that made housing as expensive as it is today, they all happed over the past decade under labour.

I totally agree with this plan. Housing should be something that individuals arrange for themselves. Why should the state or council house anybody?

I live at home because I can't afford my own place so why should 18 year olds who have never contributed be housed for free?. The way I see it is no job=no money=no food= no house=DEATH.

Work or Starve!! Work or DIE!!

its always big words from some, ranting about taking stuff away from people.

ok, lets look at the issue logically

if we remove housing benefit etc from people, dont you think that creates whole new (possibly bigger) problems for society?

homelessness will increase wholescale

also problems associated with it will (crime, drugs, alcohol abuse, begging, asaults, rape, people being sent to prison, deaths)

crime will go off the scale when people are desperate

its always big words from some, ranting about taking stuff away from people.

ok, lets look at the issue logically

if we remove housing benefit etc from people, dont you think that creates whole new (possibly bigger) problems for society?

homelessness will increase wholescale

also problems associated with it will (crime, drugs, alcohol abuse, begging, asaults, rape, people being sent to prison, deaths)

crime will go off the scale when people are desperate

No I think people will try harder to find a job and it will solve more problems than it creates.

No I think people will try harder to find a job and it will solve more problems than it creates.

i dont think people WIll try harder tbh, some might, but theres a definite underclass and tbh i think most would rather turn to crime

i dont think people WIll try harder tbh, some might, but theres a definite underclass and tbh i think most would rather turn to crime

The we lock them up, we can't be held to ransom by this underclass, that just won't work.

Archived