Conservatives discuss whether to remove housing benefit from under 25s

And on top of that,all student accommodation should pay council tax like the rest of us. Can someone give a real reason why student accommodation escapes council tax in this day and age?

Yes, they can't afford it.

And on top of that,all student accommodation should pay council tax like the rest of us. Can someone give a real reason why student accommodation escapes council tax in this day and age?

Us? You mean "You," really don't you? It's typical tory speak e.g. "I've benefited from state-owned education and health services in the past and now I don't need them anymore, it's time to pull up the drawbridge for everyone, Me Me Me!"

Just look at my signature, it says it all about the Conservatives and people are seeing why: "Conservatism is incompatible with democracy, prosperity, and civilization in general. It is a destructive system of inequality and prejudice that is founded on deception and has no place in the modern world."

Don't forget that in three years time, the Conservatives will be wanting the vote of people they are alienating.

I put the word "trainee" into Reed Recruitment, to see what sort of chance a young person has at finding employment. If there were plenty of jobs for them there'd be opportunities with few or no applicants. If you look at the jobs advertised and the number of applicants you can see that it's not that easy....

http://www.reed.co.uk/jobs?keywords=trainee

I would also assume that there will be other applicants from other job sites...

Hardly an exhausive search. Why should all jobs for young people be classed as "trainee".

How about some other words "junior" "assistant" "office admin" "sales" "retail" "newly qualified" "hospitailty" "apprentice" "internship"......

As someone else has said. Its about putting the effort in. There are jobs out there for those who want it hard enough.

On your one sample recruitment site alone there are over 21,000 jobs with a salary up to £15k. Within that range will be thousands and thousands of jobs requiring little or no experience. For some those people who could be above that income bracket becuase they may have been to college or university there are a further 44,000+ jobs up to £20k a year. On one recruitment site........ just one.

Anyone with a brain will search dozen of site along with local press, company websites, local agencies and the jobcentre. If they are prepared to get off their backside.

........as you were.......

No they wouldn't, the vast majority would be working, some would be banged up, the population would be much lower and housing would be affordable to all.

then we woke up

aaah utopia the eternal dream

then we woke up

aaah utopia the eternal dream

Utopia wouldn’t have a need for prisons, there wouldn’t be rich and poor, everyone would live in harmony with nature, so what I’m suggesting falls along way short of utopia. :rolleyes:

Utopia wouldn’t have a need for prisons, there wouldn’t be rich and poor, everyone would live in harmony with nature, so what I’m suggesting falls along way short of utopia. :rolleyes:

jeez thas hard work fella

maybe not but its closer than we have now and still unworkable :P

jeez thas hard work fella

maybe not but its closer than we have now and still unworkable :P

Of course it’s unworkable whilst ever people are happy to continue has we are. But there is little point in complaining about something if you don't want to change it for the better.

Power in too few hands has been the teaching of many history lessons yet we keep making the same mistakes.

Insurrection is the future unless wealth is distributed to more socially responsible people. The laughing banks, Britain's cancer should never have been propped up but left to rot.

But what about those who have worked a lifetime, and have a few grand in the BANK, what about these folk if the banks had been allowed to go under.

Angel.

But what about those who have worked a lifetime, and have a few grand in the BANK, what about these folk if the banks had been allowed to go under.

Angel.

That would depend how much money you had in the bank, at the time £50K was safe and would have been guaranteed by the government. The banks could have been allowed to go under without affecting people's savings.

Archived