House Alarm - why bother?

Me too and I also check the neighbours property if theirs goes off, also if you were a burglar creeping around in the dark breaking into someone's house would you hang around when suddenly all hell breaks loose as the alarm sounds.

Yup, we all check each others round here too.

Nothing wrong with the alarm system, its your neighbours thats rubbish and carnt be bothered

I initially used to think that but is it safe to go investigating - most thieving scum will leave a look-out outside so what if your neighbour is just a single female - would you really expect her to risk her safety to do the job the police are no longer willing to do? Or am I just being silly for remembering the days when the police would rather come out to a false call then not come out to a genuine call?

I initially used to think that but is it safe to go investigating - most thieving scum will leave a look-out outside so what if your neighbour is just a single female - would you really expect her to risk her safety to do the job the police are no longer willing to do? Or am I just being silly for remembering the days when the police would rather come out to a false call then not come out to a genuine call?

Those neighbourhood watch people are very brave "Start One"

No one would expect you to go in all guns blazing but if you could see signs of a break in or burglars on the premises then it's a "crime in progress" and a 999 call is justified.

No one would expect you to go in all guns blazing but if you could see signs of a break in or burglars on the premises then it's a "crime in progress" and a 999 call is justified.

But to do that wouldn't I have to go investigating, since it's very rare that thieves break in around the front of the house, the only way I would have of knowing would be to go around the back. But I guess if the police aren't interested or concerned that the house alarm of an elderly couple is going off, on a street that is targeted every week by thieves, then I guess why should I

But to do that wouldn't I have to go investigating, since it's very rare that thieves break in around the front of the house, the only way I would have of knowing would be to go around the back. But I guess if the police aren't interested or concerned that the house alarm of an elderly couple is going off, on a street that is targeted every week by thieves, then I guess why should I

That attitude is why this country has gone and is still going downhill, please English people get your spirit back dont expect other people to do it for you.

Can anyone please explain to me what the point is of going to the expense of having a house alarm fitted?

Neighbours dont do anything except sit & complain about the noise, the police dont do anything unless someone does their job and goes out to investigate whether the house is getting robbed or not, risking their own safety.

So apart from keeping the alarm fitters in employment and annoying the neighbours, what is the reason for a house alarm?

90 percent of people whe have alarms fitted are those whe have just been burgaled. Insurance companys will insist you install one if you try to insure after a burgalary. You one off those kind off people that would let his wife and children come home and burglars still be in house.

Archived