Why do some 'older' men 'cultivate' their eyebrows?

I was just watching telly and some bloke in an interview has clearly cultivated (let them grow and shaped them) his eyebrows. It reminded me of Dennis Healey......My eyebrows grow (for some odd reason) like wildfire, and I wouldn't dream of making a feature of them! Does personal grooming not figure in the older persons vocabulary?

I was just watching telly and some bloke in an interview has clearly cultivated (let them grow and shaped them) his eyebrows. It reminded me of Dennis Healey......My eyebrows grow (for some odd reason) like wildfire, and I wouldn't dream of making a feature of them! Does personal grooming not figure in the older persons vocabulary?

You need to be more concerned with the stuff growing out of your ears or nostrils.

A sandals n socks thread in a different guise...all the same arguments.

There is an inherent contradiction in your statement.

Why do some older blokes grow and shape them? Does personal grooming not figure in the older person's vocabulary?

Growing and shaping is personal grooming.

Besides, I guess older blokes have arrived at a sensible conclusion that they don't give a toss about what other people think about their eyebrows.

because it doesn't look suggestive when we lick them

Do you mean the man on Sunday Live now on BBC1? He obviously combs them upwards and maybe even sets them with gel. I can't actually pay attention to his comments, I'm too busy goggling at his enormous eyebrows. :D

Generalising, I've noticed that a certain type of lefty 'intellectual' type seems to affect the bushy upsweep. Attention seeking, probably.

Do you mean the man on Sunday Live now on BBC1? He obviously combs them upwards and maybe even sets them with gel. I can't actually pay attention to his comments, I'm too busy goggling at his enormous eyebrows. :D

Generalising, I've noticed that a certain type of lefty 'intellectual' type seems to affect the bushy upsweep. Attention seeking, probably.

yep, that's the fella!...it's grosss!....I trim mine to sensible preportions...But occasionally I slip and have bald spot for a while!

There is an inherent contradiction in your statement.

Why do some older blokes grow and shape them? Does personal grooming not figure in the older person's vocabulary?

Growing and shaping is personal grooming.

Besides, I guess older blokes have arrived at a sensible conclusion that they don't give a toss about what other people think about their eyebrows.

Hence the phrase 'cultivate'

You need to be more concerned with the stuff growing out of your ears or nostrils.

I trim them too.......Don't have a problem with the ears thing, but definitely trim the nasal hair.....that's truly gross!

My bold

Would you care to explain how eyebrows equate to socks and sandals ? :huh:

Archived