Taliban soldier allowed to stay

Thats the point tho.

How would we know if the intel was accurate?

How many troops will we lose before we find out hes still loyal to the taliban?

And BoyFriday is sexy.

But hes out of my league

:lol:

thats the thing, im sure the security services are more into knowing whats truthful and whos the most useful rather than us? they do it on a daily basis lol

sure they know who and what info they can use and have methods of finding out if its right

and like i said before yes double agents are a major concern in the security forces as the previous deaths have shown

it says he fought for them for 3 years so he must know stuff interesting, and if he really wants to stay out of afganistan and stay alive he must know to talk?

Hes not a soldier.

Hes a terrorist and hes the enemy

I agree, and disagree.

This man is fighting for a cause.

He is fighting for his religion, who are we to say he not a soldier?

I respect these men, they are standing up for their beliefs.

Hes not a soldier.

Hes a terrorist and hes the enemy

30 odd years ago you could say the same of Martin mcguinness.

I'd keep a careful eye on this chap but if he's learnt how awful the Taliban are, let him stay. After ww2 how german POWs stayed ? A few I'd guess and they'd have killed a few more than this former Taliban .

I agree, and disagree.

This man is fighting for a cause.

He is fighting for his religion, who are we to say he not a soldier?

I respect these men, they are standing up for their beliefs.

The most stupid thing anyone can fight for.

Its the same as me fighting for the survival of Father Christmas and the Easter bunny.

30 odd years later i still say the same about mcguniness

The queen, whose cousin was killed by the IRA (and quite possibly mcguinness, nobody knows who detonated the bomb) would beg to differ.

I admit I have mixed feelings over it. But at some point, you have to let it go. This man in question is, Ill argue, a far lesser threat than any homegrown potential terrorist. He won't have any real friends or family in this country and is probably too isolated to do anything bad. Do we let in his ilk when we've left Afghanistan ? 5 years after ? 10 ? 20 ? If we are bearing grudges should we be banning all things Argie ? Send tevez et al back ?

I know the last bit is a bit flippant but of all the assylum seekers you read about, this case seems the most plausible. If goes home by the sound of it he won't last a week.

Archived