Taliban soldier allowed to stay

I think its Mel just being controversial.

No right minded person could ever think that this is in any way a good idea.

Not unless they are mental or just on the troll.

neither being controversial or trolling

unlike some i dont let emotions rule my head, these things sometimes cant be so simplistic as thats good thats bad.

theres underlying issues on both sides that need thought

i never said its a good idea, i said hes one of the dodgy ones, like it or not hes a grey area, an undesirable that due to our societys higher morals and civil laws has got through. we DONT toss them to the dogs no matter how much certain people rant and froth. we treat people with respect, even if they dont deserve it

neither being controversial or trolling

unlike some i dont let emotions rule my head, these things sometimes cant be so simplistic as thats good thats bad.

theres underlying issues on both sides that need thought

i never said its a good idea, i said hes one of the dodgy ones, like it or not hes a grey area, an undesirable that due to our societys higher morals and civil laws has got through. we DONT toss them to the dogs no matter how much certain people rant and froth. we treat people with respect, even if they dont deserve it

No Mel.

Not this time.

Its wrong, plain and simple.

It will send a shocking message to the troops who are still fighting.

And an even more shocking message to the troops who have been sacked through cuts.

Its mental. Its deranged, its wrong wrong wrong!!!

No Mel.

Not this time.

Its wrong, plain and simple.

It will send a shocking message to the troops who are still fighting.

And an even more shocking message to the troops who have been sacked through cuts.

Its mental. Its deranged, its wrong wrong wrong!!!

thats the emotional response

and the logical thinking says?...................

We dont want his kind in this country,how can any sane person argue against that logic ?

like i said you HAVENT thought it through to its end have you? youve taken the emotional response

taliban soldier = killer = bad

you HAVENT taken into account the rest of the details, thered still be details we dont know

hows his personality?

has he really turned over a new leaf, not wanting to join in in killing innocents

was he actually one of the hardened foes or just some young lad that felt he had no option to join?

which brings me on to more thoughts on the subject ive just thought of.

to me im sure the taliban etc are made up of differing types of fighters, like i said above im sure a lot arent your usual hardened jihadi fighters.

im sure a lot join purely because of a desire to free their country of percieved occupiers, not helped by propaganda designed by the likes of the taliban telling them so.

also im sure theres fighters who joined because theyre scared of the likes of the taliban and what theyd do to them and theyre families if they dont.

im also sure defections like the one in the op could be a good thing for our lads and lasses out there as its one less fighter laying IED's and sniping on them.

also if it was used correctly im sure it could show the ones that are fighting cos theyre scared theres another way, a way to get out, which again leads to a lessening of the load on our troops, although it leads to what you lot despise, immigration :P

That WAS the logical response.

Is it logical to make our troops think we value the enemy above them?

I think not.

its not, they fight for their country which has values of respect and civility more than any other country in the world, which is worth fighting for.

we treat both citizens and none citizens with respect, we are a civilised country, for a long time weve had laws and actions which mean we DONT send people (even undesirables) to their deaths if we cant help it

like i said you HAVENT thought it through to its end have you? youve taken the emotional response

taliban soldier = killer = bad

you HAVENT taken into account the rest of the details, thered still be details we dont know

hows his personality?

has he really turned over a new leaf, not wanting to join in in killing innocents

was he actually one of the hardened foes or just some young lad that felt he had no option to join?

which brings me on to more thoughts on the subject ive just thought of.

to me im sure the taliban etc are made up of differing types of fighters, like i said above im sure a lot arent your usual hardened jihadi fighters.

im sure a lot join purely because of a desire to free their country of percieved occupiers, not helped by propaganda designed by the likes of the taliban telling them so.

also im sure theres fighters who joined because theyre scared of the likes of the taliban and what theyd do to them and theyre families if they dont.

im also sure defections like the one in the op could be a good thing for our lads and lasses out there as its one less fighter laying IED's and sniping on them.

also if it was used correctly im sure it could show the ones that are fighting cos theyre scared theres another way, a way to get out, which again leads to a lessening of the load on our troops, although it leads to what you lot despise, immigration :P

None of which makes a bit of difference he should be in his country fighting to make it better, if he thinks the Taliban are good for his country he should side with them and if he thinks the new government and our troops are good for his country he should side with them.

None of which makes a bit of difference he should be in his country fighting to make it better, if he thinks the Taliban are good for his country he should side with them and if he thinks the new government and our troops are good for his country he should side with them.

A: a soldier dieing before hes even armed is no good for any country

B: he prolly did think the taliban were good for his country that would be why he joined, but then saw the realities of his actions, innocents dieing, fellow countrymen, women and children

Archived