Taliban soldier allowed to stay

like it or not thats what makes this country stand above other countries, were civilised and treat people with respect, even ones that are "dodgy"

looking at that quote it doesnt sound like hes hardcore taliban, just a young fella that joined thinking he was doing good helping against people invading his country.

lets face it, if this country was "invaded" you lot would want to help fight back?

Here is quite a different quote on the same subject.

"An Afghan Muslim who claims he killed people while fighting for the Taliban has used the Human Rights Act to remain in Britain – despite Government efforts to deport him.

Zareen Ahmadzai, who spent three years fighting in Afghanistan, has admitted using a Kalashnikov rifle and firing rockets, as well as supplying weapons and food to the Taliban.

Needs to be tried in a court of law, and if found guilty - imprisoned for the rest of his miserable life.

Angel.

do you really think the afgani government / army wouldnt torture and kill him for being an ex taliban fighter as soon as he set foot back on afgan soil?

If the government of Afghanistan think he has committed a crime against the country and want to punish him then it is there right and we shouldn't interfere, and Taliban already work with the troops and aren’t tortured or killed.

It would appear from this quote that we didn't do it out of the goodness of our hearts, the government wanted to deport him.

Personally I would have employed him in Afghanistan and used his unique insight into the Talban to help save his people, our soldiers and to help rebuild his country and make it a safer place for him to live.

Aye, a fabulous idea - walking at the front of our Lads to find hidden IED's.

WHOOMFBANG IED goes up, sadly our friend in now rendered to chop size, what a pity - never mind.

Angel.

If the government of Afghanistan think he has committed a crime against the country and want to punish him then it is there right and we shouldn't interfere.

So you are wanting to bin the completely the idea of asylum ? That's bad news for an alledged aussie rapist currently bunking up in the bolivian embassy.

like i said earlier, least its one less killing and maiming our troops, thats got to be a good thing

One of the primary reasons for our troops being there is for them to take the risks and fight the terrorists instead of the terrorists coming here and killing civilians.

If the government of Afghanistan think he has committed a crime against the country and want to punish him then it is there right and we shouldn't interfere, and Taliban already work with the troops and aren’t tortured or killed.

i dont know if any taliban or ex taliban do or not, as for his case HE thinks his life would be in danger if returned and has used the legal system to stay here like plenty of other people have done

One of the primary reasons for our troops being there is for them to take the risks and fight the terrorists instead of the terrorists coming here and killing civilians.

so your happy for our troops to be in danger with all the people scared of the consequences of leaving the taliban carrying on fighting them? :loopy::huh:

Aye, a fabulous idea - walking at the front of our Lads to find hidden IED's.

WHOOMFBANG IED goes up, sadly our friend in now rendered to chop size, what a pity - never mind.

Angel.

your such a lovely person, and ironic considering your views on nasty people such as the terrorists, ever looked in the mirror?

so your happy for our troops to be in danger with all the people scared of the consequences of leaving the taliban carrying on fighting them? :loopy::huh:

I'm not happy about them being in danger but it is what they joined the forces to do, when I was sent to the Falkland’s I was over the moon, my parents were a little worried but at 20 it was something I wanted to do, and the possibility of dying didn’t really occur to me or worry me.

Archived