Archbishop of Canterbury pours scorn on ConDems 'big society'.

Under 25's in full time work with no children can't get HB so they can go out and get job.

The jobs that 250,000 immigrants manage to find every year.

You're slagging off unemployed British people for not getting jobs that immigrants get. How would taking HB from under 25s help British people get jobs that are going to others, as you claim? Who are you having a go at here? The British people who can't get a job? Immigrants for getting those jobs? The government for allowing this to happen?

Bearded, out of touch lefty guilty of running a failed and hypocritical organisation criticises out of touch righty in charge of a failing, hypocritical organisation. Not much of a story is it? No, not Blunkett although he does fit the description as well.

Some aspects of this "big society" idea are worthy of criticism, but Its a bit disingeneous of those on the left to use the Archbishop's words as a weapon to attack Cameron for it when the left generally pour scorn on the archbishop and catholicism/christianity.

I think there is something in this 'big society' idea that Cameron has been promoting of late. I'm sure that as the state withdraws in areas such as providing housing benefits for the under 25s, which the Tories on here like Jim Graham and MrSmith are favour of; they will therefore be at the forefront of community initatives to support the under 25s who find themselves homeless.

Or use their own money to conduct repairs on their churches rather than asking for donations from parishioners.

It just goes to show you how bad the Tories have got, the CoE used to be considered to be the Tory party at prayer, now even they think they haven't a clue!

I think there is something in this 'big society' idea that Cameron has been promoting of late. I'm sure that as the state withdraws in areas such as providing housing benefits for the under 25s, which the Tories on here like Jim Graham and MrSmith are favour of; they will therefore be at the forefront of community initatives to support the under 25s who find themselves homeless.

One doesn't have to be a tory to think paying lazy people to sit on their arses is a bad idea.

One doesn't have to be a tory to think paying lazy people to sit on their arses is a bad idea.

No but you'd have to be a stupid person to think that the majority of housing benefit claimants are unemployed. And as reported by Shelter, just 1 in 8 claimants are out of work.

Clearly Cameron's BS is a wheeze to cover the cracks in society as the state withdraws. Are you going to be a recruit to the big society?

By the way, how much housing benefit does Cameron get from the tax payer, and do you know how many homes Cameron has got?

No but you'd have to be a stupid person to think that the majority of housing benefit claimants are unemployed. And as reported by Shelter, just 1 in 8 claimants are out of work.

Clearly Cameron's BS is a wheeze to cover the cracks in society as the state withdraws. Are you going to be a recruit to the big society?

By the way, how much housing benefit does Cameron get from the tax payer, and do you know how many homes Cameron has got?

I doubt you will get an accurate answer to this as Smarmy Dave himself couldn't remember when questioned a year or two back, although I understand it to be around 30!

Archived